ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

How discouraging to hear that no matter what we the customers ask, it won't be added. How many requests do they consider enough? The only option I have is to change to Direct TV which I will do in February.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

As some of you already know, my Daughter works for Comcast in a managerial position. I had her reach out to a friend of hers that is in a "postion of knowledge" about this subject. The official company line "at this time" is that there are no immediate nor future plans of adding FS2 to the line up! Subject to change ONLY with customer feedback! They site costs vs customer base & feel that FS2 fees are to high (seems they charge per subscriber). There also appears to be some strong feelings from programming that they (Comcast) will not be subject to another power play like ESPN did.  So, all things being equal, we maybe should start researching another source for FS2! Comcast has no special place in my house, as there no discounts for family members and we pay full retail for everything. Verizon is available to me, just not Fios!!!  I'm giving thought to taking my Comcast video to "basic", keep the VOIP & Internet and have Dish for everything else.

Ctstreetrodder,

I've mentioned this in the past - Comcast does provide FS2 to some of its markets.  I'm in Eastern Mass, I have the triple play combo and get FS1 and FS2 as part of my package.  I don't know why some markets carry it and some don't.  We are in a former Adelphia area before Comcast took it over - that may have something to do with it.   

Perhaps your daughter could look into this and provide some explanation.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

What's the point? They do not care at comcast. AT&T über see has now both foxsports2 streaming and beinsport play streaming. Comcast is last!

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

@manamok wrote:

Ctstreetrodder,

I've mentioned this in the past - Comcast does provide FS2 to some of its markets.  I'm in Eastern Mass, I have the triple play combo and get FS1 and FS2 as part of my package.  I don't know why some markets carry it and some don't.  We are in a former Adelphia area before Comcast took it over - that may have something to do with it.   

With a little more asking, I find that Comcast pays a fee/royalty for each subscriber "in the market it is offered in". This is my opinion only, but I guess it's all about "return on investment"! They/Comcast do not feel that the return would support the investment in my market area (Western Florida). So in other words my interests as a NASCAR devote has been marginalized!

I am also lead to believe that if this site is being hosted by Comcast then we can rest assured that "someone from cubicle 57" is assigned to check it out. Simply by the logg in system there is a trail to who we are. With our email address they/Comcast can pull up your complete account.Our only wish is that whomever you are, that you build a fire under someones "rectum"!!!!!!! Some of us WILL accept a lessor quality service to get our NASCAR coverage. On that you can be assured!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Comcast xfinity needs to realize that when u offer channels n those channels get new ownership or split into more channels because of increased interest in programming they should also offer the same. They always want to increase rates but not offer the programming and content that the customers have been getting. Keep up with progamming.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

what it just tells me is that it is false advertising all the way with comcast:

(1) they do not have the most sports live...directv has it

(2) they do not offer the best streaming platform (sports or not)...directv or dish or att uverse has it

(3) they lie about adding HD feeds for sports channels (be in sport HD anyone?)

(4) they do not add all the channels they promise (fox sports 2)

(5) they lie about all the streaming options they promised to give (be in sport play...)

i could have continued, but I guess this shows that if you can switch fast to the competitors...THEY have it all!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Response I Received Today.....
The Executive Customer Relations department for Comcast, West Division received your concern pertaining to the Fox Sports 2 channel not being available.

I sincerely apologize for your frustration that this matter may have caused. Unfortunately, at this time Comcast does not carry the Fox Sports 2 also known as the Fuel channel. We do carry the Fox Sports 1 channel. At this time we have no ETA on when or if the Fox Sports 2 will be available on the Comcast network.

If you would like to address this concern further please feel free to contact me directly at 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612 or you may reply by email.

Sincerely,

Gina McCalpine
Executive Customer Relations
Comcast | West Division
Gina_McCalpine@cable.comcast.com
Office: 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612
M-F: 9am – 5:30pm (PST)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So you say you don't know when Fox Sports 2 will be on the lineup or at all.  Please know that Verizon Fios has this channel.  Please get with the program.  I, and many other Nascar fans, will not be able to see the Sprint Awards Banquet.  Who'se idea anyway was it to put the banquet on a channel that is not covered.  We all miss Speed channel.  It is not your fault that Fox Sports 1 sucks and we all miss the Speed Channel.    PLEASE add FS2.   Only 90 some days until the Daytona 500 and I'll bet a lot of coverage will be on FS2.     Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Gina at Comcast who sent this Email to me, still has not yet answered to my Reply Question: Why is FS2 not in the channel line up and what are the reasons? I had filed a FCC Complaint...that was actually acted upon, to a point by the FCC. This is why I got a response, albeit lame. We need to have more people file with the FCC. Customers were promised the FS2 and we have been given no reasons why we are not getting what we are paying for. If I don't get a reply to My questions by tomorrow, I will call this person. They need to give us specific reasons. We are not given any and I will also let FCC know nothing is being done by Comcast for their customers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The nascar awards show will be aired on this channel next Friday and I won't be able to see it because we don't get fx2.  We also miss some of the qualifying for some of the races because of it.  I am a big fan of racing and want to see it all.  When will we get fx2?

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

According to jayski website here is information about the Sprint cup awards banquet

Sunday, December 8, 2012: Sprint Cup Awards Banquet (re-air) on FoxSports1 at 12:00noon/et

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

For the first time ever we won't be able to watch the nascar awards banquet because it's on Fox sports 2. Comcast does not carry it in Boston area. Not bad for $220+ per mo. and we can't even watch what we want, but they have room for 100+ garbage channels that no one watches.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

Good news and bad news. I called customer service and they gave me an answer. Unfortunately it is bad news. No fox sports 2 in the works or beinsportplay online. The agent said that comcast does not plan on adding it ever. He explained the bare minimum is to have foxsports 1 and we will be stuck with that baring people complaining a lot and callin then. So now at least we know. No need to wait we can just switch.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for that update. Myself and FCC though, still are requesting the "reasons" why not carrying FS2 and BEIn HD or online. They need to justify WHY after promising this to customers, they are not following through. It was to be included in Sports Package we are paying for. Why is it so hard for them to not give full disclosure? Why can some Cities receive these Channels and others not? We know it comes down to money....for one, what else IS the problem. Just emailed Verizon again to get an update on when their services will be available in my area. Dishes are not allowed in my Community. Thinking of just closing my account totally and saving a lot of money. The main reason I have Comcast WAS for Sports coverage. I'll miss it, but I'll live! Much, I can find online now and I can get Internet with Verizon.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

UPDATED Email received today from Comcast.....putting it back on FOX as the reason ....... When I talk with FOX they tell me it's a decision Comcast made....
Gina wrote:

I apologize for your frustration.

Comcast does not carry the Fuel channel in your area and therefore would not carry the Fox Sports 2. There are certain areas that the Fuel/Fox Sports 2 is available, this is determined by the programmer. If you are looking for additional information on the Fox Sports 2 channel you will need to contact that programmer. With all advertisements and promotions there are disclaimers that inform customer’s that certain restrictions apply or that the product/channel is not available in all areas.

Comcast continually strives to add value to our Xfinity TV services and enhance the customer experience with advanced products and services. We regularly evaluate the content we offer in all areas. Unfortunately, at this time the Fox Sports 2 channel is not available in your area.

Sincerely,

Gina McCalpine
Executive Customer Relations
Comcast | West Division
Gina_McCalpine@cable.comcast.com
Office: 1 888 966 7794 Ext. 3000612
M-F: 9am – 5:30pm (PST)
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here