ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yesterday a race scheduled for Fox Sports 1 was moved to Fox Sports 2.  Well, I pay over $100 to get 160 channels including Fox Sports 1 and digital, but cannot find Fox Sports 2 anywhere.  Therefore as far as I am concerned I am being cheated out of programs I have paid to view.  The same thing happened earlier in the day when a Race scheduled for ESPN was moved to ESPN Classic, for which I would have to subscribe to an even higher priced package.  I paid for the channel where the race was supposed to be, and if it gets moved it should get moved to a channel that is also within the package paid for.  Anyone else having these problems.  I am in 33051 Florida Keys.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, same issues here with Comcast. Even though I pay 9.99 extra for Sports package, it does not include FS2 or ESPN Classic. In the past, ESPN Classic was dropped. I am missing a tremendous amount of Motorsports coverage now that SPEED is off the air here in US. Comcast has told me they are not interested in FS2 for most of us. It is only found in Houston and maybe 2 or 3 Other cities they have Contracts with which makes no sense. Excuses are all we get from ALL our calls and Emails....Even my Email reply from Comcast Corporate! IF I could get Direct TV where I live, I would in a heartbeat.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

you can also get FS2 and ESPN Classic using DISH,not sure what the price is using Dish,but worth checking into.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Not only all of this but Fox Sports has decided that they will put the Top game of the Champions League fixtures each day on this nonsense FS2 channel which is not carried I would assume to drive people like us to bug comcast to add it. Or you can spend some more money and sign up for some ridiculous FSoccer2go program.

I am very upset with Comcast for a variety of issues separate from this but from reading other posts it appears that Fox is consciously putting high demand events on this auxiliary channel in order to coerce networks into carrying their full FS lineup.

End of the day I don't get to watch Bayern v Man City and I am not happy.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Comcast...please stop giving NASCAR fans the run around.  No one seems to be able to give a definitive  answer as to when or if or why Fox Sports 2 is going to be offered or not offered to Comcast customers.  Comcast is making for a case for customers to  switch to another provider.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

I want to let everyone know that in the Houston market, we have Fox Sports 2 now, but not in HD yet, it's only in SD on channel 111. I spoke with a buddy that works in the main office in Houston and he said they will be adding this channel along with 37 more HD channels in the coming weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

If you want to watch Fox Sports 2, it has been added now, but only in SD at the moment. The HD Channel number he said should be channel 711.

If you got any other questions, you are welcome to email me and I will try to answer any questions......

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

Today there was a notice that we are getting an all French language channel. What's that all about. They can't give us Fox Sports 2, but a channel that I can't believe is in high demand. I have a question for the Houston viewer does your buddy know what will happen to the rest of the country who do not have Fox Sports 2.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Soooo...I just received an email from Comcast regarding my "concern" with a "click here to review reply"

Ummmm...there is NO reply.

Comcast....please address this issue 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Soooo...I just received an email from Comcast regarding my "concern" with a "click here to review reply"

Spoiler

Ummmm...there is NO reply.

Comcast....please address this issue 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

He told me that there will be a roll-out over time to other markets, but he didn't know when that would be happening, since he only works for the Houston Market.

I must say, at least we can get it now in SD now, until they launch their next set of HD channels at the end of this year he said.

Keep an eye on your channel lineups on your STB, don't depend on the lineup on the comcast website....it still lists channels that changed channels a year ago in their old channel spot on their lineup online.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just to add another voice to add Fox Sports 2 to Comcast lineup in Waltham, MA.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Add me to the list of people who are asking you to PLEASE carry FoxSports2.  Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think anyone is home at Comcast. It's been two months since FS1 inception but no news on FS2 ?!?

The real villan is NASCAR here, why would they license brodacsts to a new network that's not in a major provider's lineup?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

So, in other words, to make us feel good.hmph!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

NASCAR sold the rights to Fox and they decide what network they can put it on. NASCAR can not demand that they put it on a major network. The people to blame is Comcast for not adding FS2 and Fox for broadcasting on a network that few people get.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here