Community Forum

Fox News channel pixilated and audio distorted.

Highlighted
New Poster

Fox News channel pixilated and audio distorted.

The video is pixilated and the audio is distorted on the Fox News channel. It appears to be CNN bleeding over into Fox. Could this possibly be just a coincidence? Tech support says they will send someone out to “check the connection”. But why would a loose cable affect just one channel?
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Fox News channel pixilated and audio distorted.

Pixelation happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home. It may seem odd that only one channel is affected, but techs see this every day.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power.

Be aware that if the Comcast tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Fox News channel pixilated and audio distorted.

Hi there, @JGard911,

We wanted to reach out and touch base with you to make sure the pixelation is no longer happening. If so, can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!