Firetv's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 28th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Fire tv and my service

Any ideas why I pay an Outrageous amount per month for Xfinity and can’t even get my service on my new tv?
New tv is an amazon fire tv, and Comcast channels won’t even scan. All your support techs on the 800 number can saw is maybe get a streaming device to get my channels. I don’t want to stream anything, I want to watch the cable I pay for, shouldn’t be this difficult

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Why are you scanning anything? You need a cable box, hook it up and put the tv on the proper tv input. How was your previous tv hooked up? It has nothing to do with how much your bill is...

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

4 years ago

Can you be a little more specific as to what you mean by "an Amazon Fire TV"? Who makes it? What size? Do you know a specific model number (for example, 32LF221U19, which is a Toshiba 32")?

I am assuming it has at least one HDMI input in the back. Get an HDMI cable, plug one end into your Comcast cable box's output, and the other end into one of the TV's HDMI inputs; then, using the TV's remote, change the TV's input to whichever HDMI input you plugged the cable into.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Firetv wrote:
Any ideas why I pay an Outrageous amount per month for Xfinity and can’t even get my service on my new tv?
New tv is an amazon fire tv, and Comcast channels won’t even scan. All your support techs on the 800 number can saw is maybe get a streaming device to get my channels. I don’t want to stream anything, I want to watch the cable I pay for, shouldn’t be this difficult

You need to read the instructions on how to set up your Fire TV.  Read them carefully and follow them exactly.  I have a Fire TV stick and had problems setting up until I read and followed the directions exactly.

And, as was pointed out, you need a cable box as well in order to use your Fire TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Your fire tv can likely be set up to allow for you to stream many many different applications which are available from Amazon.  You will need the internet to access those apps. Your Comcast service is totally different. As was already pointed out, you need to plug in your cable box (which is required in order to receive cable programming). If you have a HDMI connection on your tv, plug a HDMI cable into the output of the cable box on one end and into the tv HDMI input on the other end. Of course your cable must be plugged into the cable box as well. Your service will then require activation by following directions from your cable company.  HDMI will give you the best picture, that is, high definition and ultra high definition, if your tv has that capability. You can also ask the cable company to send someone to your home to connect and activate everything but that option may cost extra.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So, I have an older Sony TV with only one HDMI input into which my xFinity cable box is plugged. I bought an Amazon Fire Stick to deal with all of the streaming options Comcast/xFinity either no longer provides or isn't providing. Is there a way to hook up both devices?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

use an HDMI switch

https://www.amazon.ca/HDMI-Switch-4K-Splitter-Bi-Directional/dp/B079JQ9XXV

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My Fire TV will sometimes connect to my HDMI1 (Xfinity) and sometimes it doesn't. Do i really have to plug and unplug it everytime I want to watch my cable? Getting very frustrated with this thing...and before I hear read the instructions, I have. It works sometimes and then the next time it doesnt...

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@user_490540 Check your connections while you're plugging and unplugging.  Do you have two HDMI ports and if so, is your cable box plugged into HDMI2?  Do you have any other devices connected to your tv? 

Which Fire TV are you using? and what version?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here