dadgren's profile

Problem Solver

• 

974 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 3:00 AM

Closed

FREE "WATCHATHON" 2019 starts April 8th

Xfinity just announced that its seventh annual “Watchathon Week” is right around the corner, going live from April 8th – 14th, 2019, which means it’s time to start thinking about all the TV shows, and movies you want to catch up on this time around. Stock up on popcorn and get ready to dive into Xfinity’s fan-favorite Watchathon tradition; it’s all free and remember, you don’t have to miss a moment of the action across Xfinity TV platforms and the Xfinity Stream App.

After you’ve decided what to watch, it’s important to remember when to watch. Mark your calendars for April 8th – 14th, when your favorite content will be available across Xfinity TV platforms, including on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app, and the web portal. Additionally, a selection of programming will be available for Internet-only customers to sample on the Xfinity Stream app.

Watchathon Week is (clearly) the best time of the year for Xfinity TV customers to get caught up on the hottest shows and movies the top networks have to offer. 

If you can’t decide what to watch, allow us to give some suggestions: HBO’s Big Little Lies and Barry are always great choices, as well as SHOWTIME’s Homeland, Ray Donovan, and Shameless. All of these and more are great choices to check out during Watchathon Week. Have some more time on your hands? Watch Bravo’s Below Deck, POP TV’s Schitt’s Creek and NBC’s This is Us from the very beginning!

After you’ve decided what to watch, it’s important to remember when to watch. Mark your calendars for April 8th – 14th, when your favorite content will be available across Xfinity TV platforms, including on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app, and the web portal. Additionally, a selection of programming will be available for Internet-only customers to sample on the Xfinity Stream app. You don’t want to miss a moment – especially with the eighth (and final) season premiere of Game of Thrones airing on HBO® on April 14th, a perfect way to end your Watchathon Week experience!

If all of this sounds good to you (and let’s face it – it probably does), then make sure you tune in during Watchathon Week, and get ready to do some serious watching. From the best TV series and hit films to the unsung heroes of the small screen, Watchathon Week has it all - no strings attached!

All you have to do is say “Watchathon” into your X1 Voice Remote to get started. So, remember to tune across Xfinity TV platforms including on X1 and the Xfinity Stream app, and see for yourself what all the excitement is about.

More details at the link below.

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/get-ready-xfinity-watchathon-week-2019

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I tried to pull up HBO and got the message I had to subscribe. It’s been 4/8 for 11 hours now. So much for free premium channels. Xfinity is so lucky I don’t like satellite tv. Thanks for nothing.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

It’s On Demand choices not the individual channels that are available

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I went there too. It asks me to “buy” my selection. And obviously you have misrepresented the offering. It appears only certain selections are FREE. Very disappointed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Some observations about Watchathon.

I already have HBO, and "stupidly" thought that the premium movies (buy or rent) would be available to me for viewing............Not the case. 

I had planned to watch the last season of Outlander on Starz.......Not participating apparently in Watchathon, although advertised it seems. 

Acorn only has the old seasons of A Place to Call Home etc, so essentially there is nothing that I want to watch on the infamous Watchathon...............too bad.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So it's the shows that decide if they want to be a part of it? Yeah, no longer as great as it used to be. I won't be watching anything.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I watched S1 E1 of Billions.  E2 wants me to pay for it.  Called xfinity, yes they want me to pay for it. Or....too many are watching.  

Xfinity will be leaving my home soon. Bye bye 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was watching The Affair on the Xfinity app on my TiVo and after watching about four episodes, suddenly I get an error that I need to have a subscription. Now all of those episodes are behind a pay wall. And that seems to be true with at least half the content. Though I can access it on the web. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same problems. Only one or two episodes on so-called watchathon work.  .  What gives?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm in the same position.  I subscribe to the full Premium package (so I already have HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, TMC, etc.).  I, too, had hoped that Netflix would be included in the Watchathon, since it seems to have all the movies I've been waiting to see (thanks, Disney/Pixar!).

In addition, I don't want to watch TV on my phone, my tablet is too small, and my laptop belongs to my employer, so I can't load apps onto it.

Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed by all the hype for something that seems to benefit only a very select group of subscribers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

I was able to watch one program this morning on Bluprint TV, but for the past six hours I get an error message APPS-05108 saying this program is not available right now, please try again in a few minutes. Six hours is a lot of minutes. Can this be fixed?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was looking forward to it, but it was totally a let down. Even WETV's shows are not available.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I’m still only getting the first episode free.  For example, the show Kidding.  This is listed under Watchathon, but I’m only getting the first episode without a subscription.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Looking for Showtime's Shameless.

OnDemand indicates you must buy each episode

Look at comcast website to determine why Showtime isn't included.

Answer: can only watch on-line at comcast, NOT onDemand.

Viewing changes are not for the better. Very Disappointed 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here