Community Forum

FETV

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

FETV

What happened to FETV in Sacramneto and San Francisco? Another great  GREAT network gone. Now i'm having withdrawls. Put it back on! Also why don't you carry AXS TV? Again another great channel! 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FETV

Same thing happened to my parents this morning. Very disappointing. My dad's nearly ready to switch providers after losing FETV. Bring it back!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same thing up here in Spokane, WA! My mother and I work our day around those shows! We're going through Perry Mason withdrawal! I hope Comcast hasn't dropped the channel. We love it. I'm gonna put up my own post to see if I can get a response.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When will FETV be back on?

Earlier today FETV (channel 81) was off, with a message that suggested that Comcast may have dropped the channel permanently. Now, it reads, "The station normally seen on this cable channel is experiencing technical difficulties. We are working with the station owner to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

So, what exactly is going on? What is wrong with the station? When will FETV be back on? My family and I watch that channel very frequently--we time our day around when our shows will be on. We have the smallest cable package, so there isn't much for us to watch other than channel 81. Please tell me that Comcast isn't thinking of dropping FETV! 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

FETV has typically been airing on Comcast LEASED channels. That means that they PAY Comcast to carry it. If they don't see enough revenue in an area to pay for the lease, they will probably drop it. It is up and running here in the Chicago area.

Highlighted
New Poster

Mine is now saying it requires a subscription. When I enter fetv in the app it says it is part of my package. I made sure I picked a package that included and all was good until yesterday.

We should have been told that channels were not going to be available.
Highlighted
New Poster

FETV

I just want to say that I’m very upset about your decision to eliminate the FETV channel. That was about the only channel I watched. 
there was NO notice of this change, NOTHING!!  
im am becoming more and more disappointed with Comcast/Xfinity. 
As soon as I can, I will be canceling my subscription. Paying WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for this garbage. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Please check the other threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to carry them on a LEASED channel. They decided there was not enough of an audience to pay the lease fee in your area and ended the lease.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: When will FETV be back on?

I also would like to know what happened to F.E.T.V.
Comcast please bring back the channel.
Highlighted
Expert

@ScheherazOdd 

Your post wasn't the one removed for abbreviated profanity.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I love FETV, too, and am very disappointed to see it gone. I tried tuning in to the channel many times on 5/19, hoping that the message about the connection problem would be gone. FETV was still listed as a channel yesterday, but not today. Yesterday on our main TV selecting the FETV channel 103 on 5/19 brought up an error message, but when I selected 103 on the TV in the bedroom, it showed SBN - which is an extreme right-wing Christian station, which is also available on channel 19.  Today the main TV connected to the box won't allow me to select 103 at all, but the bedroom TV lets me select 103, but it's still showing that awful SBN, which is also on channel 19. What is going on? I miss STARZ, I miss TCM, and now FETV. Why are we paying so much for fewer channels? 

Highlighted
New Poster

FETV - SF BAY AERA

What happened to FETV.  Im SOOOO annoyed that you took it away.

Please put it back on!  

Does ANYONE know why FETV was removed.  Ughhhhh.  
COVID 19 is bad enough now Comcast takes away FETV.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: FETV - SF BAY AERA

I agree.  So bummed when I clicked on it and saw that it was Sports Overload.  Why?  I didn't see this on the list of channels that were up for renewal.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Please read the mulitple threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to air their network on a LEASED channel. Most likely, there were not enough viewers to justify the lease payments, so they left that market.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Please read the mulitple threads about this. FETV was PAYING Comcast to air their network on a LEASED channel. Most likely, there were not enough viewers to justify the lease payments, so they left that market.

Highlighted
New Poster

I’ve spent 2 hours on the phone and with live chat only to find out Comcast removed FE TV from the lineup. It’s my families primary channel and now it’s gone. Very disappointed with Comcast.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm seeing a Jimmy Swaggert Crusade on that channel right now. Jimmy Swaggert!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Me too. Our F.E.T.V. has been replaced by a channel called J.S.M. whatever that is. Looks like constant infomercials. I can't believe Comcast got rid of one of the few channels we actually liked!

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm not happy about FETV being removed as we watch this channel on a daily basis.  These old programs are great to watch and we enjoy them.  Channel 81 is one of about 10 stations we watch as most everything else on Comcast is junk.

We are paying more and more to have less and less good programming.  If this keeps happening, Comcast is going to lose a lot of customers,

Highlighted
New Poster

Well Comcast.  It seems I'm not the only one watching Channel 81 FETV. It would be very nice if you would put it back into the channel lineup.  Listen to your long time customers!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

In Seattle area, it was returned by a religious station, SBN. So disappointing. My entire family watched FETV.
Highlighted
New Poster

what happened to FETV on channel 103.

Put FETV back on Channel 103. Very disappointed. You take it away 2 days ago with out notice. My 86 year old mom watched that everyday hard to explain to her you guys took it away. Again another station we lose. Right now a long time customer very disappointed with comcast
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wow! I can't believe how many other people miss this channel! I figured that my family was the only family that watched it! Perhaps we all should contact F.E.T.V. and let them know how we feel. If 'andyross' is right (see above) and F.E.T.V. was leasing the channel, maybe we can convince them to attempt to sign a new lease with Comcast, or something similar. F.E.T.V. has a Facebook page, and that is how I plan on contacting them.

I was disappointed with Comcast before this anyway. We pay so much for the few channels that we get (and actually watch) that It's getting ridiculous. Without F.E.T.V., it doesn't really seem worth it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I looked through posts all the way back to 2018, andyross, and I don't see a single post from anyone, other than you, mentioning that FETV was leasing their channel from Comcast. To which post are you referring?  

Highlighted
Expert

@ScheherazOdd wrote:

I looked through posts all the way back to 2018, andyross, and I don't see a single post from anyone, other than you, mentioning that FETV was leasing their channel from Comcast. To which post are you referring?  

This is a local sub-channel carried by the local station you are getting on the cable. If it local station was cancelled the particular sub-channel that they broadcast over the air, Comcast no longer gets the right to supply the channel.

You should install a amplified outdoor antenna to get local channels. There is no monthly fees for OTA channels.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm disgusted Comcast keeps raising fees while offering less good programming. I really enjoyed Sergeant Preston and Lassie programs at late night when nothing else but garbage is available.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote: ... This is a local sub-channel carried by the local station ... install a amplified outdoor antenna to get local channels ...

https://fetv.tv/about says:

... FETV (Family Entertainment Television) is a satellite and cable network ...

So not available Over-The-Air. There's a satellite and cable Channel Finder at https://fetv.tv/channels/.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is just another string of mistakes that COMCAST has made recently. They have taken away most of the channels that I watched the most TCM, STARZ and now FETV.  I cant wait until January when my contract is up. I am finding another provider. The only way that I'd take cable TV from these crooks is if they gave it to me for free. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I reached out to FETV and received this response;
Thank you for contacting us. While we have temporarily left certain markets on Comcast, we hope to return very soon! If you’d like to receive any news and notes about our distribution, including when we’ll return to your area on Comcast, please sign up for our e-newsletter here<https://fetv.tv/newsletter-signup/>. We greatly appreciate your patience, and hope you are healthy and safe.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: what happened to FETV on channel 103.

They left, they weren’t removed. Broadcaster’s choice

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

As noted in other posts, FETV was PAYING Comcast to use a LEASED channel. In some areas, there were not enough viewers to make it practical to continue paying for the lease, so they let it lapse and the channel was removed.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is killing me!!  I turn this channel on every morning as soon as I get up at 6am and leave it on all day (often just for my cat while I'm gone to work).  I love the wholesome shows that remind me of my childhood and am deeply saddened and dissapointed.  When we chose Xfinity I specifically chose a plan that inlcuded FETV.  I sincerely hope they will get enough feedback to work with the channel to get it back.  Honestly, I would pay $5 a month to get the channel as I watch it more than any other channel.  I need my Hazel, I Dream of Jeannie, Wild West and others!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Any chance of them coming back? Absolutley love the old shows. Alos was really disappointed when TCM left.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s a question for FETV, they removed themselves

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yea TCM used to be included in the lower tier channel packages now it's way up there. Bummer and for FETV as well and the others you mentioned.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

They pay Comcast/Xfinity?? Are you kidding me? Doesn't Comcast make enough off their customers? For the rates we're charged, I feel we (customers/viewers) should have some say in our programming content.  I love this channel. Granted, many of the shows are older than me, but this channel had so many great programs!  My guilty pleasure was The Monkees. It used to be on at 6am Saturdays for 2 hrs.  Then it moved to 3am for 1 hour. I set my alarm to get up to watch. Then last night I find out FETV was replaced by religious programming. I literally felt my heart sink. I was hoping it was a mistake. (This is a "revenue generator"? Doubt it.) I dont usually voice my opinion, but, come on Comcast/Xfinity/or w/e you want to be called. Throw us a bone, here! Isn't it enough you gouge us with your rates and charge for many On Demand programs (even for shows that aired free)? We want our FETV! 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

FETV is a small network without the weight to try and push cable/satellite to pay them for carriage fees. They rely entirely on ad revenue.

There are many broadcast networks carrying old shows that are often available in many areas: MeTV, Decades, Cozi TV, Antenna TV (name of network, not connecting antenna to your TV), H&I, Grit, and others.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am absolutely furious that Xfinity/Comcast removed FETV from the lineup. Gives? There’s so little decent programming on TV that I watch this channel 80% of the time. Please bring this back immediately. I’m just stunned of how many times you guys mess up and lose the great vintage programming channels. I pay a fortune for this pathetic cable and it’s useless. Tired of all the smart on TV nice to have the old fashion black-and-white TV shows for a change.
Highlighted
New Poster

What happen to FETV

That is it. I am giving up comcast. Last straw. Why is there no FETV. Can u tell me when it will be back. Moving to streaming service
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What happen to FETV

FETV removed itself, nothing to do with Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

FETV

FETV was removed from the channle 81 spot and relaced with SBN.  Why and why wasn't I notified of the channel change?  I live in 98006.

Highlighted
Expert

@flowerpowergs wrote:
I am absolutely furious that Xfinity/Comcast removed FETV from the lineup. Gives? There’s so little decent programming on TV that I watch this channel 80% of the time. Please bring this back immediately. I’m just stunned of how many times you guys mess up and lose the great vintage programming channels. I pay a fortune for this pathetic cable and it’s useless. Tired of all the smart on TV nice to have the old fashion black-and-white TV shows for a change.

You can be "absolutely furious with Comcast" but you should probably be just as furious with FETV since it's their decision and not Comcast's.

For those that want to make their views/opinions known contact FETV here.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@andyross Very few of those networks are available to people with the lowest, or second-to-lowest cable channel package. And if you don't have an HD cable box, or one of those weird antennas, you can't get the METV or Antenna TV networks. That's why FETV was such a big deal: it was available to most viewers, and had many old shows that people actually liked. Several of the shows FETV offered aren't available anywhere else, even on DVD or Amazon, like The Lone Ranger or Sgt. Preston. Many others, like Perry Mason and T.J. Hooker are available, but you have to pay through the rear-end to buy the entire series in order to watch them. 

There is no easy replacent for FETV.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

FETV didn’t call you? they left suddenly on their own. Not a Comcast decision

Highlighted
New Poster

In Seattle-FETV is also "missing in action". I wish that-for the amount we're paying, they would stop dropping the unexpected upon us....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Or could it be Comcast is charging too much for their leased channels or upped the fees too much at renewal. I hear of those situations from time to time. So i wonder what the real story is instead of just blaming FETV only.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

FETV is one i'll name that isn't a sub on a broadcast network. That's the problem.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

From their Twitter feed
https://twitter.com/realFETV

85E5CE79-13CF-4866-A55D-D4D85F37550F.jpeg
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OR comcast decided to up the fee upon renewel which is more likely the story. I've heard that way more than channels just deciding to pull the plug.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

All of the networks I mentioned are broadcast channels and should be included in the most basic TV channel packages. Not all are available everywhere, but you can check their web sites to see if they are available by you.

You do NOT need a fancy cable box. I get all of them on a basic Comcast DTA in my bedroom. They are also available through the Xfinity Stream app on something like a Roku or phone/tablet.