Community Forum

Disney + app

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Disney Plus

I read that Comcast (Xfinity) "does not support ABC Corporation" (the parent company of Disney / Disney+.   They don't get along.  So ridiculous.  We've paid a ton of money to Comcast over the past 30 years.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I thought a workaround for watching Hamilton on Xfinity was an Amazon Prime Video subscription, which I have, and then access Disney+. l can access Disney+ that way....can see all kinds of Disney stuff......just not Hamilton. Why?

_______
Simply, content providers don’t provide as much content as in their own streaming services, it’s their right.

Disney is the parent company of ABC, not the other way around. Them getting along or not has no consequence on how much you pay. Not all companies have to work together.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Is there a way to get Disney Plus on my TV?

Why did you sign up for a service without checking if you had access to it first? As noted, it is not available through X1. If you have a Smart TV, it might be available on that. Otherwise, you will need to use a 3rd party box like a Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick.

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney+

I just signed up for Disney+. How do I get it to my TV with an X1 box?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Disney+

@Dzonit20 wrote:

I just signed up for Disney+. How do I get it to my TV with an X1 box?

Disney has not given the X1 box an App to use and nothing has been announced as in the works. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney+

There is no partnership between the two companies, you’ll have to find a different means to watch it. If you have Amazon Prime you can access it through the X1 app but from what I understand some content may not be available

Highlighted
New Poster

disney +

what is the local channel for Disney+? 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: disney +

There is none. Disney+ is a subscription streaming service. There is no 'channel' for Disney+ or app on X1. You must use a separate streaming device and pay Disney a subscription fee (also, no more 7-day free preview.)

Highlighted
New Poster

No Disney Plus?

Seriously, no Disney Plus on Comcast Xfinity? I just assumed we could get it. Guess I'll have to watch Hamilton on the small screen. Do any other cable services in the area offer Disney Plus?

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting Disney+

Getting Disney + on Xfinity x1
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Getting Disney+

Other than an Amazon Prime subscription and accessing it that way, there’s presently no contract between Disney and Comcast (doubt there ever will be). The content through Amazon is different than accessing the Disney app directly on a mobile device.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Disney Plus?

Just get a 3rd party streaming device like Roku, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV+, etc... Then you can watch on your TV.

Highlighted
New Poster

I realize that. But you would think that, since there is a pandemic going on, and considering we pay tons of money to Xfinity and that they have millions of subscribers who are stuck at home and would like to watch Hamilton, they would find some way to work with Disney. Just for this instance. You know, for the greater good of their loyal customers...who may now want defect to Verizon or use other apparatus to watch TV.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Why is the onus on Comcast to provide Disney, they have 10’s of thousands of offerings On Demand. Why didn’t Disney make their service free through the pandemic? You’ll never see those 2 companies partner up, especially for one movie. Be a consumer, do what’s right for you.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

why does every single post about this topic get merged into a locked thread, 

It's like they don't want any debate on this forum about this topic....

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
Other than an Amazon Prime subscription and accessing it that way, there’s presently no contract between Disney and Comcast (doubt there ever will be). The content through Amazon is different than accessing the Disney app directly on a mobile device.

How exactly via the Amazon Prime app on X1 do I access Disney + content?

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

My TV is NOT a smart TV. I don't have a roku stick or other streaming device. Can I sign up for Disney Plus and watch it on my TV?

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney plus

Why can I not sign up for Disney Plus?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney plus

@Kimo1083 

Through Comcast, there’s no Disney Plus to sign up for...

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Not without one of the devices that you listed because Disney is a streaming service. Not available through Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

There’s nothing to debate, the 2 companies don’t work together and don’t want to and don’t have to.

Highlighted
Expert

What devices and platforms are supported by Disney+?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Expert

@billmich88888 wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

How exactly via the Amazon Prime app on X1 do I access Disney + content?

a Google search seems to show you have to subscribe through Amazon to the disney+ service to use it there. No one has reported their Disney+ works on the X1 nor Flex so far.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Actually was reported but the content is not exactly the same
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Disney-Plus/m-p/3351253#M27172

Highlighted
Contributor

Disney will eventually force Comcast to add the app. Otherwise they will pull ABC, Disney, ESPN networks.
Highlighted
New Poster

disney+

how come xfinity dose not have disney+ and when will they get it  it not fair that i see it addvertise all the time but cant get it because xfinity dose not support  it why

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ey Re: Disney + app

You can watch it if you have the new "Flex" device. Their answer to Roku and Firestick. But if you have one of those, you don't need the Flex device.  I remember how long it took for Hulu to get on Xfinity.  By the way, if you have Hulu, you an merge with it with Disney+ since they basically own Hulu. But you still need the Flex device. Just wait it will happen.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disney Plus on Xfinity

Yes XFinity did drop Starz which I was disappointed. On the bright side they did ad Hulu. I was waiting for that. You can get Disney+ if you have Hulu already. But I think you need their new device called "Flex".  While you do pay for the devie like $5 a month, it is a free internet service. It is their answer to streaming devices like Roku or Firestick. And if you already have one of those you can watch Disney+.

As for when they will add Disney+, it is up to Disney. They already own a bunch of other channels. Disney doesn't have their own cable company so they will need to go beyond streaming from the internet devices and go to a wider platform to satisfy their viewers. I know a lot of people have Disney+ for this reason: Exclusive content like The Mandalorian and other great shows. I would jump at getting it now before they go on the XFinity platform, because they (Disney) will raise the price. Oh, and Comcast may raise their price too. For now, you can use the Roku, Firestick or stream it from your other internet devices. Most people have more updated tvs that allow casting from your device. XFinity has this feature now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disney + app for Xfinity???

And now if you have Hulu you can get Disney+, but you have to have the Flex device. XFinity's answer to the problem, which is $5 a month for the device, but supposedly a free internet service. For now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You need Disney+ for that.  A different app for streaming you have to subscribe to.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Disney cannot force Xfinity to do anything.  It's a negotiation for a contract.