Community Forum

Disney + app

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney+ - 10mil subscribers in one day vs one year. Better get on the bandwagon! I WANT MY D+ ON X1

I personally dont care what the corporate issues are.  Prime AND Netflix both compete with X1... Heck, Spidey came home to Marvel from Sony (sort of)....but if Disney+ doesn't show up on Xfinity X1 Apps soon, I can safely say the cord will be cut quickly.  Their library is too massive and too compelling to get stuck with contract violation type activty when I sign up for Cinemax and then suddenly come home from vacation in the summer, only to see Hitz with all the 3rd!!!! run movies on it replacing my just recently added Cinemax package. Scanning through titles for 30 year old garbage over and over day after day is worthless.  Why would ANYONE stay on xfinity for 250-300 per month when i can get a fast internet fiber in my neighborhood and pay 70 bucks a YEAR for all the gorging I can handle on Disney+, NetFlix, etc.  HBO isn't worth having after GOT fizzled out. Someone talk me off the ledge before I do it man. Scissors in hand!!

Highlighted
New Poster

disney plus

can we get it on TV?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: disney plus

You can get it many ways just not through Comcast equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Why is Disney Plus sold on Directv and Comcast, if it can't be used?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Disney+ is a streaming service. You can use a Smart TV or other add-on device like a Roku, Chromecast, or FireTV and your Internet service to access it.

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

So XFinity has streaming for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube, etc. Are there any plans for Disney Plus?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney Plus

Nothing has been announced, whenever if or when something is worked out, it’ll be well announced

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@o0chance0o wrote:
So XFinity has streaming for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube, etc. Are there any plans for Disney Plus?

They also don't have AppleTV+ and they are coming out with Peacock in 2020.

https://www.peacocktv.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkr7hp_eH5gIVmpOzCh364wGcEAAYASAAEgIqJvD_BwE

I have the Roku Ultra for my streaming; they are adding the new services.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Any plans for Disney on Xfinity?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

As has been mentioned, it's all about $$$. To appear on an X1 box, Disney would probably need some form of revenue and data sharing agreement with Comcast. You are better off sticking with a SmartTV, Roku, FireTV, or Chromecast. Even on an X1 box, 3rd party streaming will count as part of your data usage limit.

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

Is there a way of accessing streaming service Disney Plus through xfinity? We already have an account and wasn’t sure if we could access now through TV.

Highlighted
Expert

@KayMolly wrote:

Is there a way of accessing streaming service Disney Plus through xfinity? We already have an account and wasn’t sure if we could access now through TV.

the TV may have a native internet app for that. if not, roku, chromecast or other device connected to your TV should be able to acces the subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@KayMolly wrote:

the TV may have a native internet app for that. if not, roku, chromecast or other device connected to your TV should be able to acces the subscription.

If you happen to have an Amazon Prime subscription and an X1 box, you should be able to access it that way

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Disney + app

@tmanbt wrote:

Any plans to add disney plus streaming as an app on X1 dvr ?

**Valid as of 07/2020**

All,

At this time Comcast does not currently offer Disney Plus (Disney+) on any Xfinity TV platforms including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Stream or Xfinity Flex.

We sincerely appreciate the inquiries about Disney+ on X1. We are happy to provide updates to this information here in the Xfinity Forum if anything changes in the future. Below you will find some additional FAQs for those who need it. 

Thank you again for all your feedback. Since this thread is in reference to Disney+ availability on Comcast devices and there are no new updates to share, this thread is now locked from receiving new replies. If there are any updates to Disney+ availability on Comcast devices we will update this Best Answer and reopen this thread.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. 

FAQs

What is Disney+?
Disney+ is a recently-launched streaming service from The Walt Disney Company featuring movies and shows from Disney brands like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, as well as exclusive titles such as The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and Encore! and films Lady and the Tramp and Noelle.

Does Xfinity offer Disney+?
Disney+ is currently not available on X1, Flex or any Xfinity TV platforms. Customers who have Disney channels such as National Geographic, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD as part of their Xfinity TV subscription package can continue to access live and on demand programming from those channels. Additionally, both Xfinity TV customers and Xfinity Internet customers with a Flex device can rent or purchase many Disney films and movies on their Xfinity devices.

Can I still watch Disney movies and shows through Xfinity TV?
Xfinity TV customers can continue to enjoy live and on demand Disney programming through the Disney television channels such as National Geographic, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. Additionally, many Disney TV series and Disney studio movies are available for rent or purchase through Xfinity.

Why is some Disney content that was available for free no longer available on Xfinity On Demand?
The Walt Disney Company makes programming decisions for their content and determines which TV shows and movies will be available on their owned channels, video on demand, and Disney+.

Some titles previously available for free on demand or through other networks and streaming services are now only available on Disney+, such as The Simpsons and films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, Frozen 2, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Many of these titles continue to be available for rent or purchase through Xfinity TV platforms.

Can I buy or rent any of the Disney+ original movies and shows like The Mandalorian, Lady and the Tramp, or Noelle?
No. Currently these titles are only available through Disney+.

Where can I watch Disney+?
Consumers can subscribe to Disney+ directly at DisneyPlus.com or via in-app purchase through a number of platforms and devices, which are listed on the Disney+ website (disneyplus.com).

Do you plan to offer Disney+ in the future?
While we have no plans to launch Disney+ at this time, we’re constantly working to bring customers a wider selection of TV shows and movies to add more value to their Xfinity services.

Is there a reason you’re not offering Disney+?
We are always interested in having discussions with other streaming services and video providers that we think can add value to our customers, and we will continue to add new partners to our platforms, including Hulu and Peacock.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

When can we use Disney+ through Comcast apps?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Disney-app/m-p/3291662#M109654

As of right now, can’t be done. Who knows what the future brings but not until there’s an agreement

Highlighted
New Poster

I was just gifted a Disney plus subscription only to find out my kids can not use it. We spend over $200. On Comcast per month... but not for long. The issues are constant and then these type of things come up. Comcast keeps trying to grow and become better ... stop focusing on offering stupid things like home security and just focus on tv and making it work.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

There’s many other ways to access Disney +, you can’t say you can’t use it... Have you posed the same question to Disney? It takes two parties to make an agreement

Highlighted
New Poster

Sure.. we can use iPads and computers to access Disney +... but to watch movies you want to easily access them on the tv. I spend over $200. A month... had to switch to x1 because my TiVo was no longer supported by you guessed it... Comcast. For that I should be able to access Disney +. Yes I spoke with Disney... yes it’s a 2 way street... that’s why I am complaining to Comcast that they need to get their act together and work with Disney to make it available.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Get a Roku or Chromecast or FireTV. A cable box is just that, a CABLE box. Comast will never make it a true open-ended streaming player.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't agree more. XFinity blasts advertising about how X1 is the convenient "one stop" place for entertainment and even control of smart home apps.  I don't want to have multiple content boxes hooked up to my TV just to watch video streaming.  Not very convenient. <Edited>  Likewise, my total Comcast / XFinity bill is well over $200 (approaching $300) per month.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for tip... may have to look into that and cut the cable cord.
Highlighted
New Poster

How does Disney+ work on Roku?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Disney-app/m-p/3291662#M109654

As of right now, can’t be done. Who knows what the future brings but not until there’s an agreement

Disney + would be a nice workaround for ESPN + sporting events too

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@jeanine_willner wrote:
How does Disney+ work on Roku?

@jeanine_willner 

You should probably ask Roku or Disney. No offense, but your question seems very inappropriate for this forum. Considering you are asking a question on Comcast's forum about a service that they do not even support on a device that they did not create/offer. 

Comcast does not offer Disney+ on any of their devices and the only thing they offer for Roku devices is the ability to download and use the Xfinity Stream app on it. For anything outside of the Xfinity Stream App Beta for Roku Comcast will simply not be able to assist. 

A simple Google search resulted in many results on this topic, namely: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/291097/disney-plus

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney +

Not the ususal problem, I guess. I don't use Comcast for my TV service, just internet, and stream via a Fire Stick 4k since my TV is a few years old and its apps are no longer being updated. I tried installing the Disney+ app. It didn't work. It opened to the splash screen, the spinny progress meter duly spun about, but it never got past that. Their tech support had nothing, and I'm finding nothing online about incompatibility with that device.

Just to be clear, Xfinity isn't getting in the way of connecting to their streaming service, are they? I hadn't considered this at first because I didn't have any trouble with the browser version, but it occurred to me the Fire Stick app might use a protocol that was being managed differently.

So?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney +

You’re going to have to continue with their support. It’s an app/fire stick issue, since it’s the only app you’re having issues with. If it was Comcast’s service, your fire stick wouldn’t connect to the internet, nothing to do with affecting individual apps. Make sure the stick is updated

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Chillian wrote:

Not the ususal problem, I guess. I don't use Comcast for my TV service, just internet, and stream via a Fire Stick 4k since my TV is a few years old and its apps are no longer being updated. I tried installing the Disney+ app. It didn't work. It opened to the splash screen, the spinny progress meter duly spun about, but it never got past that. Their tech support had nothing, and I'm finding nothing online about incompatibility with that device.

Just to be clear, Xfinity isn't getting in the way of connecting to their streaming service, are they? I hadn't considered this at first because I didn't have any trouble with the browser version, but it occurred to me the Fire Stick app might use a protocol that was being managed differently.

So?

@Chillian 

You will need to contact Amazon or Disney directly. As I mentioned above in this thread, this is not a device Comcast produces or an app Comcast supports.

Comcast never "limits" Internet traffic based on type. This means the Internet either works or doesn't. It does not have the capacity to limit service to specific devices or apps based on the manufacturer. It does, however, slow if the device is not compatible with the Comcast modem or service level. To see Comcast's Internet minimum system requirements, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-service

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

Why is Xfinity blocking Disney Plus? I ordered it, paid for it and then found out I can't get to it through Comcast/Xfinity!!!!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s not blocked, it’s not available through Comcast, there’s no agreement between the two. You may need to add additional details like hiw are you trying to access it?

Highlighted
New Poster

Apps

Will XFinity be adding Disney+ to it's Apps

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Apps

Not anytime soon

Highlighted
New Poster

We were given a years subscription to Disney+ for Christmas. How do we get to Disney+ since we have Xfinity?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Simple google search, not through any Xfinity box but...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2019/11/11/how-to-get-disney-plus-on-my-tv-devices-app-down...

Highlighted
New Poster

disney

how do we get the disney app on the tv

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: disney

Use the App Store on your smart tv to add it to your tv. It won’t be found on your cable box

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Disney Plus

So Disney Plus will be streaming the filmed stage production of Hamilton on July 3, 2020 and  infinity customers will not be able to watch it without adding separate streaming hardware.  Infinity customers speak up. Make a deal with Disney.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Do ANY cable or satellite systems support Disney+? The website just shows the typical devices or smart TV's.

It's all about $$$. If it was put on X1, Comcast would want a cut of the subscription fee, and maybe even other revenue or data sharing from Disney. Disney would also want data info from Comcast, too.

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney +

how can i get disney Plus with x1

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Presently can’t

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

Can I access new Disney Plus app from my X1 platform?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Bobby43 

Nope

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney plus

How to I get Disney plus

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Disney plus

Subscribe and download the applicable mobile app. Not available on X1. Google is your friend, Disney has nothing to do with Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

Disney Plus

SO, what is the workaround to get Disney Plus on TV since Xfinity does not offer? Hamilton coming tomorrow!! I want to watch it on my TV. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The workaround is to use equipment that you can download their app to. Maybe you should look to Disney Plus faq got equipment compatibility, as it has nothing to do with Comcast.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disney plus

I accessed it via amazon and the fire stick.

Highlighted
New Poster

Is there a way to get Disney Plus on my TV?

I subscribed to Disney Plus to watch Hamilton. My voice remote tells me it is not offered. Can this be true? Is Xfinity missig out on the TV event of the decade?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Is there a way to get Disney Plus on my TV?

True, it’s not available, there’s no partnership between Comcast and Disney. You’ll have to find a different way to download the app to watch.

Highlighted
New Poster

I thought a workaround for watching Hamilton on Xfinity was an Amazon Prime Video subscription, which I have, and then access Disney+.  l can access Disney+ that way....can see all kinds of Disney stuff......just not Hamilton.  Why?