tmanbt's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, September 9th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Disney + app

Any plans to add disney plus streaming as an app on X1 dvr ?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

Disney+ is a subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company featuring movies and shows from Disney brands like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, as well as exclusive titles* such as The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and Encore! and films like Lady and the Tramp and Noelle.

*Titles subject to change.

It’s available on Xfinity Flex and X1.

To access the Disney+ app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming device with Xfinity Flex service or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes aren’t compatible) with Xfinity X1 service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to Disney +.

Watch Disney+ App on Xfinity X1 and Flex

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Select the Disney+ app tile.
    Note: You can also say “Disney plus app” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to open the app.
  4. With your remote, choose the Sign Up Now or Login button.
  5. From here, you can:
    • Or create an account. If you don’t have an account, you’ll see a message to log in online along with a provided URL:
      • Follow the prompts on your computer, laptop or mobile device to sign up for a Disney+ subscription service.
      • Please note that you’ll have the option to sign up for Disney as an individual subscription, or for the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle. For more information, please visit https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disney-hulu-espn-bundle.
      • Go back to the Disney+ app on your TV screen and login with your Disney+ username and password.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why can’t I access the Disney+ app on my X1 TV Box?
The app isn’t compatible with RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Boxes. If you have one of these, you can exchange it on X1 by choosing the Disney+ app tile and following the prompts to swap out your TV Box. Please note that you also need a subscription to Disney+ to access content within the app.

I don’t have Xfinity TV, but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the Disney+ app?
Yes, but only if you have a Xfinity Flex streaming device and a subscription to Disney+.

Can I order Disney+ through Xfinity?
No. However, you can begin the sign-up process by launching the Disney+ app through your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming device and following the steps described by Disney.

How do I manage my existing Disney+ subscription?
You can manage your subscription at disneyplus.com.

How much does Disney+ cost?
Disney+ has various plans and bundling options. For more information and pricing details, visit disneyplus.com.

Note: Billing is directly through Disney+ and not through Xfinity.

I forgot my Disney+ username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please visit the Disney+ Help Center to recover your username or reset your password.

Is Disney+ in HD?
Yes.

Is Disney+ in 4K?
No. Disney+ 4K content is currently not available on Xfinity.

Does watching Disney+ content in the app count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, content is streamed over the Internet, and will count against your monthly data usage.

How do I block access to the Disney+ app on Flex and X1?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the Disney + app:

• By default, Disney+ will be set to TV-GA. You can lock content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the Disney+ app using an Application Lock.

Why is some Disney content that was available for free no longer available on Xfinity On Demand?
The Walt Disney Company makes programming decisions for their content and determines which TV shows and movies will be available on their owned channels, On Demand, and Disney+.

Some titles previously available for free On Demand or through other networks and streaming services are now only available on Disney+, such as The Simpsons and films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, Frozen 2, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Many of these titles continue to be available for rent or purchase through Xfinity TV.

Additional details about Disney+ on Xfinity Flex and X1 can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disney-plus-on-x1-flex

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

My guess is no since you don't  have a hulu app.  Comcast doesn't want to help Disney/ABC out.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Nothing has been announced nor any information released. Their direct competitors, nobody knows ahead of time until a deal is done

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

5 years ago

I’m sure it will show up when Disney and Comcast renegotiate carriage again (next year). Hulu (now majority owned by Disney) is already going to be installed on X1 soon.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Will the Disney Plus App be added to X1 when the streaming service launches on November 12?  Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Nothing has been announced. But doubt it would be added upon release. It’s hard to say if it ever will as the 2 companies are more rivals than business partners. But you never know...

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

We are a few weeks from the start of the Disney Plus streaming service. Verizon has just offered customers a free year of that service. First, Xfinity should add the service app like Prime and Netflix. We should not wait until next year. XFINITY is dropping Starz and adding one Epix channel. I would think adding Disney Plus would create an increase in subscribers.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your quick response but aren’t most streaming services rival one another, Netflix, Amazon, Xfinity etc.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Disney itself is more than just a streaming service, just like Comcast is. I’m not saying it’ll never happen but after the competition for the Fox acquisition, I doubt Comcast wants to help Disney’s revenue stream.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I get it. Too bad. It would be nice to see.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Disney is a direct competitor/rival. I doubt you’ll ever see it on Comcast equipment. Verizon and Disney aren’t competitors at all.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t see why Comcast wouldn’t add Disney+ to X1. Being direct competitors has nothing to do with it really since Comcast has the Amazon app and Netflix app on X1 and those are also direct competitors, at least as far as streaming goes (Comcast will have its own streaming service soon for anyone that doesn’t know). Also Comcast still owns part of Hulu along with Disney until Disney becomes sole owner in a few years.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Also if Disney being a direct competitor was an issue for Comcast, why do they carry any Disney cable channels like Freeform, Lifetime, History Channel, A&E, Vice, etc., besides carrying ABC, owned by Disney?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Also to the original poster, I plan on getting Chromecast to watch Disney+ on my TV. You can get either that, Roku, or there are other ways to watch it on your TV until Comcast adds the app to X1.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Oh and ESPN....Disney owns the majority of that also.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here