John-M's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 12th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Comcast - Please Update Your Channel List for Lyme, Old Lyme, Salem & Haddam Neck, CT

Comcast - Please Update Your Channel List for Lyme, Old Lyme, Salem & Haddam Neck, CT (ZIP 06371)

I have been requesting that Comcast update their 'channel list' that is used to program cable cards.  My request has been unanswered for the past month.  

Cable channel 1128 is not defined on my cable card.  The cable card diagnostics reveal that there is no assigned frequency for channel 1128 to tune to and therefore no signal, even it one is there.   The channel is assigned to CSPAN1.   (The rest of my programming seems to be correct).  

I have been attempting to have Comcast customer service correct this for the past month and have spent hours on the phone with customer service reps.  Ultimately, nothing has been done to solve a very straightforward problem.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If it’s an IP channel in your area, TiVo won’t pick it up

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

They have already for a few years, nothing new. Not saying that’s what’s happening in your case but it points to it. IP channels are only available on the X1 platform

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for replying, but IP Channels are essentially internet streams.  

They are NOT cable television channels.  

Does Comcast intend to replace cable television with on demand, internet streams?   

If so, it is time for the state to license another franchisee, because Comcast has obviously milked Connecticut beyond their charter.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

What you're saying is irrelevant to correcting the problem that I have asked to be corrected.   C-SPAN1 IS a CableTV Channel.  It may or may not be an IP-TV channel, but that is not my issue. 

According to the current channel assignment listings C-SPAN1 is assigned to Cable Channels 15 & 1128.  Several stations have multiple assignments.  This was done a couple of years ago by Comcast nationwide to improve the customer experience.  For example, broadcast stations are assigned their over the air channel IDs:  1002, 1003, 1008, 1024, 1030 & 1061 for our major local networks;  cable news starting about 1102; cable sports starting about 1205; cable entertainment starting about 1402; and premium cable starting about 1802.  

C-SPAN's sister stations C-SPAN2 is mapred at 186 & 1129; C-SPAN3 at 190 & 1130.  Mapping the three C-SPAN stations at 1128, 1129 & 1130 is to improve customer experience, and more convenient than at 15, 186 & 190.  All three are mapped to two channel locations 15, 186 & 190 and also at 1128, 1129 & 1130 .  They are cable QAM256 signals.  However, due to an error, C-SPAN1 is no longer mapped to 1128.  That is the issue I wish to have corrected. 

C-SPAN is at 153,000Khz, it is designated as program 2601, and has PCR PID, Video PID & Audio PID values of 0x331 & 0x334 on cable channel 15, in accordance with Comcast's own channel list it should also be mapped to 1128 as it has been for years. 

Other stations like C-SPAN2 & C-SPAN3 are both mapped to two cable channels.

C-SPAN2 is mapped to 186 & 1129 at 153,000Khz, program 2602, and has PCR PID, Video PID & Audio PID values of 0x341 & 0x344.

C-SPAN3 is mapped to 190 & 1130 at 225,000Khz, program 1002, and has PCR PID, Video PID & Audio PID values of 0x1EC1 & 0x1EC4.

I need to communicate this with someone at Comcast who is responsible for mapping channel assignments to correct the problem that occurec about a month or so ago.

Thank you

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here