Community Forum

CNN blocked

New Poster

CNN blocked

CNN signal was sporadic and now the channel is unavailable.  Seems funny that the channel that gave objective reporting on net neutrality is now being inhibited by "Big Cable".  Got no help from tech support and refreshing the gateway was of no help.  Gonna have to switch providers.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: CNN blocked

Unless you get a "Not Authorized" style message, then it sounds more like you just have a signal issue affecting the frequency used for CNN. Other channels may be affected, but you may not watch them, so not notice.

Since Comcast seems to pack the same sets of HD's together, and if you are talking about the HD version, try checking: AMC, Disney, Freeform, Golf, Science, Hallmark, HSN, Investigation Discovery.

Problem Solver

The CNN channel works fine for me here in zip code 05478.  I'm sure that if it was being 'blocked' or  'inhibited' we'd see more than one customer reporting it here.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Diamond Problem Solver

@suspicious3
As @andyross alluded to, if you’re not getting a channel that you’re supposed to have, there should be an onscreen message. Unless you are using a wireless box, resetting the gateway will have no affect. What equipment do you have?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

Try getting CNN on the lowest channel number which would be SD version. That channel should be working. The RF interference usually happens around certain HD channel frequencies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!