Community Forum

Aspect ratio off for just one channel

Highlighted
New Poster

Aspect ratio off for just one channel

I have a samsung hdtv. Most channels look fine but one channel looks zoomed in. I tried changing the aspect ratio on the tv but it didn't fix it. I restarted my box but that didn't fix it. The picture is zoomed in a bit but only for one channel. I have read that it may be that I am getting a 480p signal instead of a 1080p signal but I don't know how to change this.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Aspect ratio off for just one channel

@iaf3 wrote:

I have read that it may be that I am getting a 480p signal instead of a 1080p signal but I don't know how to change this.

"You" can't - that's how the signal comes to you.

Most likely, it's either a problem with the channel's provider, or with Xfinity.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Aspect ratio off for just one channel

@iaf3 wrote:

I have a samsung hdtv. Most channels look fine but one channel looks zoomed in. I tried changing the aspect ratio on the tv but it didn't fix it. I restarted my box but that didn't fix it. The picture is zoomed in a bit but only for one channel. I have read that it may be that I am getting a 480p signal instead of a 1080p signal but I don't know how to change this.

My 2015 Samsung 3D UHD tv allows changes of Aspect (plus many other changes) to be made for: specific channel only, all, specific method watched: OTA, cable, streaming broadband. Use your TV remote and see what you have there. Change the setting for correct way.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!