Geri4's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Altitude Sports

It is my understanding that Comcast is considering dropping the Altitude Sports Channel in the Denver area.  I sincerely hope you do not.   It is the absolute best station for watching the Denver Nuggets games, and other local sports.   No national broadcasters can compete with the knowledge and fun of Scott Hastings and Chris Marlow.  Sorry, but ESPN, and national channels just can't compete with inside info from local personnel.  I hope Comcast (Xfinity) understands that customers have limited dollars to spend on entertainment.  I recently signed up to extend service with Comcast for two years, with express discussion with the service agent that it included the Altitude Channel.  If you pull Altitude, you are clearly breaking the agreement we had.   

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too renewed with comcast last month(30 yr customer). It was after some negotiation that i dropped movie channels but was assured i still had my sports teams.  Losing the Avs is a major blow to my family and i have to beleive that Comcast cannot hold someone like me to there contract when they havent held up there side of the bargain.

I have to beleive there must be at least 25,000+ comcast customers who are already upset at missing pre season games.  I would think if the Avs/Nuggets are not on comcast when the real season begins Comcast will see serious customer issues. I know i will be looking to cancel my comcast agreement to fund a replacement service which im sure will exist by then.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Don't Block My Avs! 

I renewed a 2 year contract with Xfinity solely in order to consistently watch the Avs. I was assured that Altitude TV was a current and future part of my Digital Starter line up. I will drop Comcast and spend the money at a bar if I can't watch the Avalance at home on my tv in DENVER - home of the Avs. 

There are many other ways to get internet and I'm fine with an antenna for the rest. 

I seriously only have cable for Altitude TV. Every other channel package I want is available through Amazon. 

You will alienate many customers if you don't come to an agreement soon.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I have been with Comcast since 2001 they have to uphold their cintract or they may see a lot of law suits from people that have paid for it .  Your going to loose more money dropping it than exacuting a new contract.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@bl01jn98 wrote:

I have been with Comcast since 2001 they have to uphold their cintract or they may see a lot of law suits from people that have paid for it .  Your going to loose more money dropping it than exacuting a new contract.

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

agree we should begin a comcast strike.  I don't know but I'm sick and tired of this .  I will drop them very quickly after 20 years.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes, legally you have a right to change services, drop services, etc by our contract with Comcast.  However, you have to expect an outcry when you drop such an important channel to those of us that love to watch Denver/Colorado sports. Not all of us worship the Broncos and Rockies.

That being said, we have been faithful customers for over 25 years.  The minute there is another option to watch regional sports we will sign up for it.  I truly hope it is with Xfinity, but if not, I guess that is your loss.  And it looks like we will not being the only customers doing so.

Don't block my Altitude.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do not block Altitude Sports.  That channel is essentially the only reason my household keeps cable.  Otherwise, we will have no reason to continue paying for cable.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What is the status of resolving the issue with Altitude?  Opening night of the regular season is next week.  You are running out of time -- at least to save my 20+ year relationship with Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am very upset that Altitude sports is no longer a part of my channel selection. If this is not corrected them i will find and sign with those whom are. Cable, internet and phone included.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Then bring us our sports. We pay a lot of money for this service. If we do not have sports there is no reason to have Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Like other customers, the only reason I have cable, is to watch Altitude. I checked before I switched to Xfinity 2 months ago to make sure they had Altitude and now have no reason to keep your cable service. Comcast's of course will accept no responsibility for this.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The costs of programming keep going up due to more people cutting the cord, something you are encouraging with this move. By the way, only away games are not blacked out on all the channels you mentioned. Further, due to the size of the Denver market, very few Avalanche or Nuggets games are nationally broadcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Your prices continue to go up and service and channels continue to go down.  If you won't carry the channels I signed up for then what is the point of putting up with your pathetic service. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Don't block the Avalanche games.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

One of the big 3 has a huge opportunity! Who ever is the 1st to work out a deal with Altitude will see a huge jump because every Aves and Nuggets fan will change. And since this is all about $$ you would think one of the big 3 will get even more greedy.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here