DHall156's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

ACC Network

Will Comcast be getting the ACC Network before College Football Season Starts.  i'm not talking about ACC Extra.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

A number of articles have popped up on the Internet in the past few days concerning how the ACC network has not cut a deal with a number of cable/satellite companies. They seem to have two things in common: one, "Well, a lot of these negotiations come down to the wire" (for example, ESPN 's current deal with Charter/Spectrum is up for renewal in early August), and two, a number of ACC schools' athletic departments are saying, "It's up to the fan base to get the cable companies to agree to carry the network."

You would think that the cable companies that service the Atlanta area would want to be sure that Georgia Tech's first two games (against Clemson and South Florida, both of which will be on ACC Network) would be available.

***Update 08/22/2019***

ACC Network Frequently Asked Questions. 

What is the ACC Network?
The ACC Network features many sporting events throughout the year, including football, basketball and other sports involving schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

ACC schools include Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and (except for football*) Notre Dame.

Where can I watch ACC games and highlights?
You can still watch some ACC games on channels like the ESPN networks, FOX Sports, FS1 and CBS Sports via the Xfinity X1 and Stream Sports guides. Just search for 'Sports' or say 'Sports' into your X1 Voice Remote.

Where can I watch ACC-related content online?
The ACC Network YouTube channel offers game previews, highlights, analysis, press conferences and original shows. X1 customers can also access the ACC Network YouTube channel:

For X1 Voice Remote Customers:

1. Using your X1 Voice Remote, say “YouTube” to launch the app’s search engine.
  2. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the words 'ACC Network' or 'ACC' and then hit OK.

For Non-X1 Voice Remote Customers:

1. Tap the xfinity button on your X1 remote.
  2. Navigate to the Apps menu and click on the YouTube icon.
  3. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the 'ACC Network' or 'ACC' and then hit OK.

Content is also available through the ACC's website - theacc.com - as well as on official university athletic sites and Sports sites such as ESPN.com, FOXSports.com, and CBSSports.com.

What other ways can I search for ACC games using my X1 Voice Remote?
ACC games on X1 can be accessed through the X1 Sports app by tapping the C button on your remote.

X1 customers with a Voice Remote can also say the name of an ACC university to access games.

Do you plan to offer the ACC Network in the future?
We don’t have an agreement to carry ACC Network at this time and can’t speculate about possible channel additions. 

How does Comcast choose what channels to carry?
With so many new channels and ways to watch being introduced by various programmers, as well as the diverse interests of our customers, we work hard to offer a wide variety of quality services that all of our customers will enjoy. Each channel is chosen based on many factors, like:

• Quality and diversity of programming.
  • Legal requirements.
  • Federal regulations and restrictions.
  • Carriage agreements with the programmer.
  • Customer feedback and requests.

We have to pay for almost every channel we carry, including new networks that we may launch - not the other way around. As a result, we're careful about adding channels that could increase customers’ bills due to the fees charged by the owners of the channels. These fees may not reflect an appropriate value for our customers, but we try to make agreements that will give our customers the content they want at a price that is reasonable.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How do I get the ACC Network when it launches in August?

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

5 years ago

According to this article, they're still negotiating, so there's no guarantee Xfinity will have ACC Network, much less on what tiers it will be available.

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out here. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding ACC. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

If the channel does become available, you can check the lineups here

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As a long time Xfinity subscriber, I would like to have the ACC Network available by Fall. Please let me know what we can do to make that happen.

thanks,

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

All, 

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to submit your comments here

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am a long-time customer of Comcast Xfinity and want to document my desire for the ACC Network. 

It will be determining factor for my household on our future TV content provider.

Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is the ACC Network coming to Xfinity in August 2019?

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

5 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello XiFi, the link that (ThatDonGuy) shared is a good place to start in reference to this issue. There are talks about ACC network coming to Comcast but we have not finalized any agreements just yet. Thank you for reaching out to us here regarding this concern, if you would like to leave feedback or request this channel to be added to your channel lineup please click on this link

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Been trying to get this question answered for a few weeks now. No luck so for. We, xfinity/comcast customers that want the ACC Network. Want an answer!! YES or NO. If not with xfinity/comcast, then with another provider.

Problem Solver

• 

722 Messages

5 years ago

From what I have been able to dig up, the answer seems to be, "They're still in negotiations." Just what they're negotiating, I don't know, but remember what happened with the Big Ten Network (where it was - and I think still is - available only on the Sports & Entertainment package unless you live in a state with a Big Ten school).

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, all. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding the ACC Network. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

First, I would like to add my request that Comcast include the ACC Network in its lineup.

Second, your website does not make it very easy to make requests like this, or to send a comment like this in an email. So the fact that I took the effort to find this page, and took the time to note my interest in having the ACC Network -- the only time I have ever requested a specific channel from any cable provider -- should indicate the strength of my interest.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

You're not alone with that reply. This is the only way I could find to try to get an answer also.  I live in a state with an ACC team.  I will add, that I do not remember any of this, yes - no - maybe stuff when the SEC Network came about. As for as I know, it's nationwide. My home state also has one of their teams and there was never this kind of drama with that network.... So What Gives ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here