Community Forum

ACC Network

Frequent Visitor

COMCAST VP John Demming ...

... needs to get with the Comcast Public Relations department and compose a PRESS RELEASE.  TOO many of us are straddling the fence ... waiting on a "Yes" OR "No" from Comcast on whether the ACC Network will be available to subscribers at the launch next week (August 22nd).  

I understand business negotiations require discretion and can NOT be conducted in public.  However, in THIS case, thousands of families (i.e. translation:  PAYING CUSTOMERS!) are waiting, and need to take action to find other providers if Comcast delays further, ... OR says "no".  

Charter / Spectrum announced their participation today.  Friends I've spoken with agree:  We'll leave Comcast TV next Tuesday or Wednesday with no PRESS RELEASE on Comcast's intentions.  I can't leave the internet service ... yet ... because the competition told me that so many are leaving Comcast over this ACC Network issue that their "waiting time" for installs right now is 18 (EIGHTEEN!) DAYS!  So, I'll leave Comcast internet service about 3 weeks later than the TV service ... unless we get positive news by Monday (August 19th).  "NO NEWS" is "BAD NEWS" in this circumstance.  I'd hate to change, but Comcast can't delay further lest they make me risk the launch day and the first football game.  

Hoping for a Comcast PRESS RELEASE.  And ... SOON!  

Regular Visitor

ACC Network

• Please get it now.  I’m already exploring other options.  If I have to get it somewhere else, I will not be using Comcast for tv any longer.
New Poster

Re: what channel number is ACC Network?

This is Aug. 2019 what are Comcast plans for ACC Network

Regular Contributor

Re: what channel number is ACC Network?

@mlowry53 wrote:

This is Aug. 2019 what are Comcast plans for ACC Network

Apparently, Comcast is "still in negotiations." Note that Charter/Spectrum announced a deal on 8/14, so there is still hope that they can get something done before the network starts up, or at least before the Clemson-Georgia Tech football game in two weeks.

One thing sticks out from the ESPN-Spectrum deal; it includes Spectrum adding access to Hulu and the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. ESPN may be asking Comcast for the same thing (presumably the same way that Comcast has Netflix access through the X1 boxes).

New Poster

acc network

I am really hoping that we get the acc network. I dont see the point in having 4 qvc channels. Comcast is the last major cable provider to offer acc network 

Frequent Visitor

ACCN

ACCN, 

<Edited>

I have been requesting that you add the ACCN channel for a while now with no results. The only thing we keep hearing is that "we are still in negotiation" on this subject. <Edited> realize that you will be losing an incredible amount of revenue by not adding the ACCN channel to the basic channel line-up WITHOUT increasing the price <Edited>. I say this because I am one of those hundreds of customers that have already posted that they will switch providers if you don't give us the ACCN. In my neigborhood alone there are 300 to 400 residents that are currently Xfinity/Comcast customers that have expressed there intentions to cancel their Xfinity/Comcast subsciption and switch to one of the other steaming services that do carry the ACCN. I for one will follow suit and switch to Directv that has already signed the contract to carry it. And thats just an example of a small neigborhood that you will be losing. If you're smart, you can see that through out the entire state of Florida you stand the chance of losing thousands of customers and hundreds of thousand of dollars in revenue, and that's just in the state of Florida! And add in the other states that have ACC schools and the thousands of those customers that really want to see their schools athletic programs competing on TV and you can begin to see the incredible amount of revenue lost just because you decide to play the 'negotiation game'.

<Edited>

My advice to you: Do the smart thing. Do the right thing. Add the <Edited> channel before all your customers jump ship!

New Poster

ACC Network

Hello -  I am writing to request that Comcast please run the ACC Network starting this month.  I am a long term customer and it is vital for our family to watch the ACC games.    The ability to stay with Comcast will depend on whether we have access to the ACC Network.   I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.   Mike.

New Poster

ACC NETWORK

I know there are thousands of fans from every ACC school that would very much appreciate access to the ACC Network. Please add the ACC Network to your channel selections. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: ACC Network

THREE DAYS AWAY.  No news.

New Poster

It was recently announced by the ACCN that they will be airing a special on the ACCN chronicling the road to UVA’s national championship victory in basketball this past year. As one of many Comcast customers in Charlottesville, I can inform you that you will lose A LOT of your loyal customers if you don’t sign an agreement to bring us the ACCN by the time it launches, and this special airs. Thank you
New Poster

ACC Network

Are you going to be adding the ACC Network by August 30?   

New Poster

Please add ACC Network

With both Virginia Tech and the University of Virginia representing the ACC, it would be a huge draw to add the ACC Network to your lineup. At a time when so many are switching off cable, please consider this as a huge service to your loyal customers.

Thank you.

Mary Alice

Regular Visitor

As long time Comcast customer I would like add my request that Comcast please add The ACC Network... I especially would like to have this channel prior to 8/29 when Clemson plays Georgia Tech being that the game is scheduled to be televised on this network...
New Poster

ACC Network

Is Comcast going to carry the ACC Network (ACCN)?

New Poster

ACC Network

Is Xfinity going to carry the ACC Network when it comes online on August 22nd? My wife and I graduated from ACC schools as did our neighbor. We would all like to be able to see ACC sports events on cable.

New Poster

ACC Network

Just adding another request for Comcast to carry the ACC Network.  Please get this into the channel lineup by launch day on August 22.  Not having ACCN will be a deal-killer for my future TV needs.

New Poster

ACC Network

Will Comcast carry the ACC Network when it premieres next week?

New Poster

ACC Network Not being offered!!!!

Hello, We would need to cancel the Comcast account since you are not offering ACC Network. This is very important to million of people. Please let me know if this is not the case. Thank you. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ACC Network Not being offered!!!!

It’s in negotiations, follow this thread for additional details when they become available
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/td-p/3224577

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

ACC NETWORK

ACC network. Must get it or cancel our subscription plz. Thanks.
New Poster

ACC Network

We have been long time customers of Comcast.  We have our internet, phone and TV with you. We are in Charlottesville and want the ACC Network.  Thank you!

Regular Visitor

ACC Network

Just adding my voice to all the others calling for the ACC Network to be added by the time it starts on Aug. 22nd. I don't want to have to start looking into finding a different service provider, but ACC games are a deal breaker for me.

New Poster

ACC Network

Hey.. When will you guys come to an agreement to carry  the ACC Network?

It's about to launch this week and no news from you guys.. this is the south.. we need college football and basketball football.. get rid of stupid channel and add sports..

Frequent Visitor

Add ACCN

Xfinity, A couple of days ago I sent you an email about adding the ACCN to the channel line-up and I haven't heard any response from anyone there yet. Do you guys make it a habit to avoid responding to your customers when they write to you or are you just avoiding the subject overall?

The content of the messege I sent you is as follows:

"Please forward this email to anyone in your company who actually cares about keeping your customers happy or just to continue to keep the customers you already have!

I have been requesting that you add the ACCN channel for a while now with no results. The only thing we keep hearing is that "we are still in negotiations" on this subject. Either your negotiations team or the Xfinity/Comcast board of directors are either blind, incompetent, or seriously uneducated to realize that you will be losing an incredible amount of revenue by not adding the ACCN channel to the basic channel line-up WITHOUT increasing the price of the already overpriced basic plan. I say this because I am one of those hundreds of customers that have already posted that they will switch providers if you don't give us the ACCN. In my neigborhood alone there are 300 to 400 residents that are currently Xfinity/Comcast customers that have expressed there intentions to cancel their Xfinity/Comcast subsciption and switch to one of the other streaming services that do carry the ACCN. I for one will follow suit and switch to Directv that has already signed a contract to carry it. And thats just an example of a small neigborhood that you will be losing. If you're smart, you can see that through out the entire state of Florida you stand the chance of losing thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue, and that's just in the state of Florida! And add in the other states that have ACC schools and the thousands of those customers that really want to see their schools athletic programs competing on TV and you can begin to see the incredible amount of revenue lost just because you decide to play the 'negotiation game'.

Unless you blindly believe that Xfinity/Comcast is too big and that your customer base will never leave you, think again.

My advice to you: Do the smart thing. Do the right thing. Add the freaking channel before all your customers jump ship!"

I also added that messege to the Community Board on your website and in just a couple of days I have received 8 likes (kudos) to my entry which means that people are reading and agree with it and it's making sense to them. You've even seen that the Athletic Director at Florida State University and the head coach at the University of Miami (Manny Diaz) have each posted on twitter a messege to their fans to switch providers so that they will be able to watch their schools team play. I'm sure that more ACC school directors and coaches will be sending these kind of messeges to their fans and urging them to make the switch to a provider that carries the ACCN channel. We both know that their postings of these messeges carries much more weight and will have much more of an impact than my posting. The word is spreading around. WAKE-UP!! It's not just me that realizes this. I just happen to be one of the ones who took the time to post it online.  I'm also just one of the thousands of your customers that feels this way and are considering cutting the cord with you because it seems that Xfinity/Comcast cares more about the money than satisfying your customers needs and desires to have a channel they really want and need. In the end, your greed will end up hurting your companys revenue if and when you start to see your customers switching providers.

I would appreciate a response to this email, unless of course, I struck a nerve with you or if you honestly don't care about your customers.

Willie

New Poster

ACC Network

When are you letting us know when/if you are carrying the ACC Network. I need time to make an appointment with Direct TV and cancel Xfinity. Thank you 

New Poster

ACC Network - get it done already

How can you not just strike a deal already?  

Diamond Problem Solver

When/if negotiations are complete, follow along here
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/td-p/3224577

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ACC Network

Is Xfinity going to carry the ACCNetwork?  Switched from DirecTV a year ago, but will go back if I do not get ACCNetwork.  Season starts in less than two weeks!!

Expert

moved post to channels and programming.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ACC Network?????

I was wondering what is the holdup with Xfinity making a deal with the ACC Network? I live in ACC territory (GO Hokies!!) and I'm amazed that there has been no deal yet. College football starts in just a few days and nothing!!! I've been an xfinity customer for several decades but if i can't watch the college football games i want to see, I may have to switch providers (one that has the ACC network).

New Poster

ACC Network

Can you please tell me if the ACC Network will be added to the Richmond, VA market?  Our household would very much like to have it available by August 22.  Thank you!

New Poster

ACC NETWORK

Does any one know if they have agreed to carry the ACC Network yet!!!! Go Clemson Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if so,any idea on the channel?

New Poster

acc network

comcast has only two days to come to an agreement with ACC network and espn to add this channell to comcast. If it is not added i will switch to another provider. Please pass on to the appropriate people. 

New Poster

Acc network

If not offered soon. im going to direct tv.
New Poster

Add ACC Network or lose a customer to Direct TV or YouTube TV

As a college sports fan I find it unacceptable to pay the amount I do for TV and Internet and not have ACC Network at launch. I will be switching Wednesday night if Comcast has not reached an agreement. Ridiculous!

New Poster

ACC NETWORK

Would like ACC Network added to our lineup! Have heard nothing from Comcast/Xfinity!
New Poster

ACC Network

South Florida subscriber requesting ACC Network. Plenty of ACC people down here! Still no word...only a few days left.
Frequent Visitor

ACCN who what where or when ????

I've read the other threads but they all appear to be locked. 48 hours till it goes live and still no word that I can find. Why can't we get it ? 

Frequent Visitor

ACCN Negotiations ???

Why doesn't someone from Xfinity/Comcast keep us more up-to-date with the negotiations going on? We feel like mushrooms kept in the dark! I am a 20+ year subscriber with Comcast and would love to continue as a customer, but because am also a big-time fan of ACC athletics, I'm about a day or two away from cutting the cord with you and switching to DirecTV because they've already signed their contract to carry the ACCN leaving no doubt in my mind of my ability to watch the up-coming season of ACC sports as opposed to the big question mark Comcast dangles in front of our faces of whether or not you'll come to terms with the negotiations in time to carry it before the season starts. As I mentioned before, I won't be the only one switching providers. I don't think you guys have any idea of the magnetude of the result you pose to your revenue source if you don't agree to add the channel until it becomes too late. Once a customer drops your service and switches provider, it's next to impossible to get them back because of the hassle they would have to go through to switch back again. I'll let you know right now that once I switch, I'm gone for good. You can offer a bunch of credits and all the promotional deals in the world and I still wouldn't switch back! I would bet that at least 90% of others that switch would also not return because of the hassle involved and we would also feel that Xfinity/Comcast has stabbed us in the back to begin with after we've been longtime loyal customers.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ACCN Negotiations ???

@willie75
In the history of negotiations, nobody has ever made a public comment until negotiations were final one way or the other. As a consumer, you’re going to have to make the choice that’s best for you. When there is news, follow the thread, it’ll be posted there
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3224577#U3224577

Frequent Visitor

CCAndrew,  That just sounds like all the other generic answers I've read before on this forum. Does Xfinity make you take a class on how to respond to a customers question without actually answering the question?   

Gold Problem Solver

@willie75 wrote: Why doesn't someone from Xfinity/Comcast keep us more up-to-date with the negotiations going on? ...

I believe that the informaton in https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3252033#M103655 by employee @ComcastTeds in the thread mentioned above is the latest.

New Poster

ACC Network

When will Xfinity pick up the ACC Network? I need to watch my Hokies. If Xfinity won't carry the ACC Network, I will need to cancel my service and find a new provider.

Frequent Visitor

BruceW, I read that response too. It basicly answers the question by passing the buck to the next guy and the next guy and so on and so on.  Just like you and Andrew, I too used to work for Comcast in South Florida (Miami to be exact) and one of the main reasons I quit there was because they would have the employees play "ring-around-the-rosie" with the customers and avoid their questions and issues too. I didn't feel that was an ethical way to do business, so I left.  But if that's the way Xfinity/Comcast still wants you to handle the customers, and you're ok with that, then have at it. You are obviously an employee and not taking a look at it from the customers point of view.

Diamond Problem Solver

I’m sorry if you feel that way but if you’re truly an ex employee, you know how things work when it comes to the subject at hand. Nobody is going to continuously post “no news today” everyday. When there’s something to share it’ll get posted.

New Poster

ACC Channel

We need the ACC Sports Channel. I will be dropping your service if we do not get it. And I’m not alone. Thank you. Go Canes!!

Diamond Problem Solver

Thread closed. Good luck to you.

New Poster

ACC Network on Xfinity

When will ACC Network be available on Xfinity in area code 29438.

Regular Visitor

programming

When is xfinity going to get ACC Network?

New Poster

ACCN

What is up with Comcast not signing with the ACCN yet?  DirecTV, Dish, Fios all on board. You are going to lose customers like crazy!