Community Forum

ACC Network

Official Employee

Re: ACC Network

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the ACC Network. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I expect Comcast to include ACC network in my subscription.  If not, I switch to another service in August.

Georgia Tech Alumnus

New Poster

Add me to the list. WE WANT ACC NETWORK
Official Employee

Hello ronmack,  unfortunately I don't have an answer on if we will carry the ACC Network, but you can view their streaming content on our X1 boxes.  More about it here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/espn-ott-frequently-asked-questions

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I, like everyone else in this forum, would like to request the ACC network for my Xfinity channel lineup. This will GREATLY influence my decision to stay with Xfinity in the future. This channel is a must have as far as I'm concerned.

Official Employee

@jrahm555 wrote:

I, like everyone else in this forum, would like to request the ACC network for my Xfinity channel lineup. This will GREATLY influence my decision to stay with Xfinity in the future. This channel is a must have as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for sharing your passion!  Both have been heard and shared. 

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with ESPN (one of the owners and the distribution arm for this network) on many topics, including this network.

Frequent Visitor

Look, I already pay for the Sports Entertainment Package... if they put it on there, I would be happy.  Make it happen. I love watching College Football... would love more! 

New Poster

I want the ACC Network when it launches. You know sports sell advertising. Please get this done Comcast. 

New Poster

I too will drop comcast if the acc network is not picked up at least a week before football season. I will need time to shift to another service.

New Poster

I'll have the ACC Network by the time football season starts.  The question is whether I will still have Xfinity. 

There are already other options to get the ACC Network in our area (Direct TV, Hulu, Playstation Vue).  As a VT alumnus and lifelong ACC fan, this is make or break on whether we keep Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

I'd like to add my support for the ACC Channel. I live in the ACC region and I've subscribed to the Sports packaged for many years.  It will be disappointing for me if Xfinity chooses not to carry this channel.  I will have to seriously consider an alternative provider in order to continue to enjoy the sports from my region.  

Frequent Visitor

I live in NJ and have a son attending Clemson. If Comcast does not carry the ACC Network I will be switching to another provider. Not sure why, but we have the SEC Network. I see no reason we can't have the ACC also.

Regular Contributor

Note that Comcast is not the only company still trying to cut a deal with ACC Network; Spectrum appears not to have a deal in place yet either. One list I have seen says that 14 ACC schools' home markets are either Spectrum or Xfinity.

Meanwhile, here is the current college football schedule for ACC Network, according to ESPN (* indicates a game on "ACC Network Extra," which may not be part of any deal) - note the first game is August 29:

Labor Day Weekend
Georgia Tech - Clemson (Thursday)
Utah State - Wake Forest (Friday)
East Carolina - North Carolina State
Virginia Tech - Boston College
Virginia - Pittsburgh

Saturday 9/7
William & Mary - Virginia (Friday)
Ohio - Pittsburgh
South Florida - Georgia Tech
Louisiana-Monroe - Florida State
Miami - North Carolina
* Western Carolina - North Carolina State
* Richmond - Boston College
* North Carolina A&T - Duke
* Eastern Kentucky - Louisville

Saturday 9/14
Kansas - Boston College (Friday)
Furman - Virginia Tech
Bethune-Cookman - Miami
Florida State - Virginia
* Citadel - Georgia Tech

New Poster

ACC Network

Will Comcast please negotiate the rights to be able to broadcast the new ACC Network launching this August? Verizon Fios will be carrying it and if Comcast doesn't resolve the negotiation issues, I will be cancelling our service and moving to Fios. 

Regular Contributor
New Poster

Re: Is ACC network coming to COMCAST in August?

I hope you are right.  But, as of today when I see ads for ACC Network and they list the providers (Specturn, Direct TV, etc.) xfinity is not listed.  And, I haven't seen any Xfinity ad stating that ACC Newtork is coming in August.

Regular Contributor

@Bret2 wrote:

I hope you are right.  But, as of today when I see ads for ACC Network and they list the providers (Specturn, Direct TV, etc.) xfinity is not listed.  And, I haven't seen any Xfinity ad stating that ACC Newtork is coming in August.

Where have you heard of a deal between ACC Network and Spectrum? The last I heard, they are in the same boat as Comcast.

New Poster

Sorry.  I was just going by memory.  I'm probably wrong.  I thought I had heard that.  Sorry.

New Poster

Xfinity needs to carry ACC network.  Please inform when that will happen

New Poster

Re: Carry the ACC network

In Charleston we get the SEC network on regular cable (channel 278) and hi def (channel 402). We also get two alternate SEC channels (276 and 277) that show games not on the regular SEC channel if something is running long or there are two games at the same time. We should get the same access, on a linear level, for the same type of games on the ACC network. I never asked for the SEC network, but if I'm going to get it full blast then I want the same full blast for the network I actually want.
Official Employee

Hello Ronmack, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

New Poster

New ACC TV Network

The ACC Network starts in less than two months and Comcast is not listed as a carrier. As a UVA fan, along with many, many ACC schools grads and fans, we need Comcast to step forward. You don't want us going to other providers!!!!
Official Employee

Hello, We will be offering three of ESPN’s online streaming networks (ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and SEC+) on X1, all of which will be integrated into live and On Demand sports content and labeled with an “Internet” badge. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We are happy to help. 

Official Employee

Re: New ACC TV Network

Greetings WahooChip! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanting to watch your school go all the way to finals and take the championship. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about ACCN. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. If there is anything else I could assist you with feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name and I'll gladly assist you

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

Hi there, WahooChip.

I wanted to touch base before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

ACC Network?

Will Xfinity be airing the new ACC network in August? I'm a long-term Xfinity customer, but if Xfinity does not add the ACC network I will be forced to switch to another TV service provider.

New Poster

Are you getting the ACC Network?

If not, I'm out going to streaming service. 

Thanks.

New Poster

ACC Network

We want ACC Network added to our channel lineup in time for its launch on August 22nd. We have been Comcast/Xfinity TV customers since Comcast bought MediaOne (maybe 20 years??). We will switch to Hulu or DirecTV if Comcast does not have ACC Network in time for the first weekend of football. We have the sports package. We are willing to see our subscription price increase slightly to add ACC Network. Alternatively, there are many, many channels we would happily see removed from our channel lineup in order to help accommodate ACC Network.

New Poster

Is Comcast getting the ACC Network?

I need the ACC network to watch my team!

New Poster

This GA Tech fan will be looking for another carrier if the ACC Network is not in my lineup by August 22nd. I've enjoyed Xfinity, but there are just too many choices out there, and I'll find one that I can watch Tech football with.

New Poster

Yes - I would beg of Comcast to add the ACC Network. If they don't get it, that would be a big reason for me to drop Comcast and switch to someone that does carry it.

Regular Visitor

Definitely dropping Comcast fails to include ACC Network. May do it anyway for making this a Questionable issue.

New Poster

Please add my name to the list of people strongly requesting that Comcast add the ACC Network to programming in the Atlanta area
Regular Contributor

A number of articles have popped up on the Internet in the past few days concerning how the ACC network has not cut a deal with a number of cable/satellite companies. They seem to have two things in common: one, "Well, a lot of these negotiations come down to the wire" (for example, ESPN 's current deal with Charter/Spectrum is up for renewal in early August), and two, a number of ACC schools' athletic departments are saying, "It's up to the fan base to get the cable companies to agree to carry the network."

You would think that the cable companies that service the Atlanta area would want to be sure that Georgia Tech's first two games (against Clemson and South Florida, both of which will be on ACC Network) would be available.

New Poster

I would very much like the ACCN added to the Comcast Xfinity Channel lineup. If they don't add it, then I will switch to a carrier that does. 

Thanks!! 

Official Employee

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

A number of articles have popped up on the Internet in the past few days concerning how the ACC network has not cut a deal with a number of cable/satellite companies. They seem to have two things in common: one, "Well, a lot of these negotiations come down to the wire" (for example, ESPN 's current deal with Charter/Spectrum is up for renewal in early August), and two, a number of ACC schools' athletic departments are saying, "It's up to the fan base to get the cable companies to agree to carry the network."

You would think that the cable companies that service the Atlanta area would want to be sure that Georgia Tech's first two games (against Clemson and South Florida, both of which will be on ACC Network) would be available.

***Update 08/22/2019***

ACC Network Frequently Asked Questions. 

What is the ACC Network?
The ACC Network features many sporting events throughout the year, including football, basketball and other sports involving schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

ACC schools include Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and (except for football*) Notre Dame.

Where can I watch ACC games and highlights?
You can still watch some ACC games on channels like the ESPN networks, FOX Sports, FS1 and CBS Sports via the Xfinity X1 and Stream Sports guides. Just search for 'Sports' or say 'Sports' into your X1 Voice Remote.

Where can I watch ACC-related content online?
The ACC Network YouTube channel offers game previews, highlights, analysis, press conferences and original shows. X1 customers can also access the ACC Network YouTube channel:

For X1 Voice Remote Customers:

1. Using your X1 Voice Remote, say “YouTube” to launch the app’s search engine.
  2. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the words 'ACC Network' or 'ACC' and then hit OK.

For Non-X1 Voice Remote Customers:

1. Tap the xfinity button on your X1 remote.
  2. Navigate to the Apps menu and click on the YouTube icon.
  3. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the 'ACC Network' or 'ACC' and then hit OK.

Content is also available through the ACC's website - theacc.com - as well as on official university athletic sites and Sports sites such as ESPN.com, FOXSports.com, and CBSSports.com.

What other ways can I search for ACC games using my X1 Voice Remote?
ACC games on X1 can be accessed through the X1 Sports app by tapping the C button on your remote.

X1 customers with a Voice Remote can also say the name of an ACC university to access games.

Do you plan to offer the ACC Network in the future?
We don’t have an agreement to carry ACC Network at this time and can’t speculate about possible channel additions. 

How does Comcast choose what channels to carry?
With so many new channels and ways to watch being introduced by various programmers, as well as the diverse interests of our customers, we work hard to offer a wide variety of quality services that all of our customers will enjoy. Each channel is chosen based on many factors, like:

• Quality and diversity of programming.
  • Legal requirements.
  • Federal regulations and restrictions.
  • Carriage agreements with the programmer.
  • Customer feedback and requests.

We have to pay for almost every channel we carry, including new networks that we may launch - not the other way around. As a result, we're careful about adding channels that could increase customers’ bills due to the fees charged by the owners of the channels. These fees may not reflect an appropriate value for our customers, but we try to make agreements that will give our customers the content they want at a price that is reasonable.

New Poster

ACC Network?? Is it coming to XFinity?

If XFinity does not carry the ACC Network I will be taking my business elsewhere including internet. Make it happen offer you will lose a LONG time customer!
New Poster

Please add the ACC network to our line up. I do find it extremely important to keeping my service with xfinity. It will be hard to justify having SEC network and not ACC. Especially in Florida when we're have 2 ACC schools and 1 SEC school. Thank you
New Poster

I sure hope ACCN is added on the same tier as SECN or Big Ten Network, both of which I have. I would like to have all three, but here in Virginia I would prefer the ACCN over the Big Ten Network.

New Poster

ACC Network

Really need Xfinity to pickup the ACC network. A big reason I keep xfinity is to watch live sports, will have to look elsewhere if the ACC network isn't picked up.

Official Employee

Re: Are you getting the ACC Network?

Hi @atljeff

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! That's a great question. I am waiting to find out as well. I asked around and was informed we recently received a proposal from ESPN regarding carrying the ACC Network and are reviewing it. Other than that, we have no other details to share at this time. When/if it is determined we will carry it, it will be announced here on the Forums and you should even get a notice about this on your monthly statements along with other notices about changes to your service. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we know something soon. I hope this helps. 

New Poster

ACC Network

WHEN is Xfinity going to get the ACC Network added?????   It's almost college football season and we need this now please.

Regular Contributor

@ah1121 wrote:

WHEN is Xfinity going to get the ACC Network added?????   It's almost college football season and we need this now please.

I'll highlight this, as I think it needs to be pointed out:

ACC Network does not exist yet. It will not start broadcasting until August 22.

What most of the people here are talking/worried about is the fact that there is no deal in place yet with Comcast to carry it when it does start - and they would like it as soon as it does, since it will be carrying the Clemson - Georgia Tech football game on August 29.

New Poster

I can appreciate the negotiating process. However, an announcement needs to be made soon. If this is not going to happen (or no announcement made), I will be changing providers. Please let us know.

New Poster

Please put me down as another who absolutely wants the ACC Network @ Kick-off.  The only reason I still have Comcast Cable is because of College football, specfically the ACC.

New Poster

There is no justification for carrying the SEC and Big 10 networks but not carrying the ACC network. I will be glad to drop both of those networks to get the ACC network.

New Poster

I've been a subscriber for 12 years.  The ONLY reason I even subscribe to Comcast (which is far more expensive than my local provider) is so I can watch my CLEMSON and ACC Football way out here in Utah.  If Xfinity doesn't offer the new ACCN then it will be such an easy decision to hop over to HULU or PS Vue or anyone else that will carry it.  

Xfinity - please make the right decision and pay whatever it takes to get the ACC Network added.  Tick tock!

Regular Visitor

Please know that I will be returning to Verizon FiOS immediately if Comcast does not offer the ACC Network in August.  

New Poster

I NEED the ACC Network channel added to Xfinity. We live for football and basketball. We are so excited this is coming. Please don't make me change providers! Thank you!
New Poster

Add me to the list of Comcast viewers demanding the ACC Network.  This is simple...give us the ACC Network or many of us will leave Comcast without regret.  I've been looking for a good excuse to leave, and this is it!