Community Forum

Closed caption not working Amazon Prime video

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Closed caption not working Amazon Prime video

I cannot get closed caption to work all the time in Prime video. I have Roku and CC works fine but not thru my XG1 box. It worked once but the next day I went to watch the next episode and nothing. I know it’s on as I have the cc logo at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas on how to correct?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Closed caption not working Amazon Prime video

@Tlev55 wrote:

I cannot get closed caption to work all the time in Prime video. I have Roku and CC works fine but not thru my XG1 box. It worked once but the next day I went to watch the next episode and nothing. I know it’s on as I have the cc logo at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas on how to correct?

Does it work all the time when you use the Amazon website?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

• Yep, works fine going thru prime on my iPad. As a side note when I access Netflix thru my Xfinity box I do get CC. 
Diamond Problem Solver

Try using the Amazon Prime app Closed Captioning instead of the X1 box CC

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I’m not sure what you are suggesting. I had the X1 DVR but when I tried to open Amazon video I received a message that you could not access thru this box and Comcast sent me a new XG1 dvr. I have CC turned on and if I access thru my Roku stick or tablet CC is on but if I access prime video thru my Xfinity box there is no CC. Can you explain in a little more detail?

thxs

Diamond Problem Solver

When you access the Amazon app through the X1 use Amazon’s CC settings not the X1 box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am using the app CC feature not the X1. 97CE308C-F43F-4059-926A-7C58C9F21CFF.jpeg

Frequent Visitor

Also thought I should mention I also have an HD Comcast box in my family room and it too will not show the CC 

Expert

when you select a title on the X1 Amazon Video app, it  brings up a ways to watch menu, and at the top are headers (overview, Customers Also Watched, Cast Subtitles, Audio Languages). the 'captions are the subtitles.  Audio may or may not include SAP and/or descriptive video services. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am familiar with the menu option for closed caption. As I explained earlier I have CC when I watch this show thru Roku or on my iPad but with Comcast I don’t have it.  I’m surprised no one else is having this issue so it’s obvious you don’t have have a fix. Thank you for your time

Expert

@Tlev55 wrote:

I am familiar with the menu option for closed caption. As I explained earlier I have CC when I watch this show thru Roku or on my iPad but with Comcast I don’t have it.  I’m surprised no one else is having this issue so it’s obvious you don’t have have a fix. Thank you for your time

streaming video option shows subtitles did you try changing from off to english (for example)?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Tried everything I could think of. Changed font, style, color, turned off and then back on. Even rebooted my box. As I said it worked once and then the next day nothing so I know I have the setting correct. I have 2 Comcast boxes and 3 Roku devices and CC works on all the Roku but neither Comcast box. 

Expert

@Tlev55 wrote:

Tried everything I could think of. Changed font, style, color, turned off and then back on. Even rebooted my box. As I said it worked once and then the next day nothing so I know I have the setting correct. I have 2 Comcast boxes and 3 Roku devices and CC works on all the Roku but neither Comcast box. 

not sure if you read the post just above yours. Amazon video has subtitles not closed captions.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, I guess my subject line should read subtitles not closed caption. Anyway after doing another refresh to the box and then unplugging the box for 5 minutes I now have "subtitles". Thanks for all the replies