Claire81's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 8th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Closed Captioning on the Hallmark channel isn't being broadcast on xfinity

Why hasn't xfinity taken care of the Closed Captioning problem on the Hallmark Channel? It's been days for us and months for some others.. We are paying a fortune for your services. If we don't pay our bills, you turn off our service, but we lose our captioning on a channel and we're being ignored. It IS  NOT my TV. Captioning works on every channel I watch, but not the Hallmark channel since last week... Will you please take care of this problem and answer our questions. Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@julielynbloom wrote:

My Mom is having the same problem in Bedford, IN. My sister was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour. The CC came back on. They checked the second TV. It was working. They got off the phone and the CC went away immediately. The next call to Comcast had a 90 minute wait. This is not a satisfactory solution.

Hallmark was/is having problems with their CC streams. the stream works on a smart phone/tablet/desk/laptop/roku but the x1 does not read the misformed (sidecar) captions. Hallmark on other threads is reported to know of the problem and was working on it.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hallmark has announced that as August 18(?), 2020, it is not providing cc for certain devices such as Samsung TVs older than 2017.  However I do not have cc anymore on my other TV either and it is not a Samsung and it is newer.  How is this legal?  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MsDeafy wrote:

Hey, we missed one full week (8/9-8/16) w/o closed captions on any Hallmark Channel.  They did return on 08/17/20, but then disappeared again within 48 hours and as of tonight, have yet to return.

Those of us who relay on CC are paying big bucks and getting nothing in return.

When will this problem be taken care of as captions on ALL other channels work???

captions show while playing on a smart phone/tablet?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hey, we missed one full week (8/9-8/16) w/o closed captions on any Hallmark Channel.  They did return on 08/17/20, but then disappeared again within 48 hours and as of tonight, have yet to return.

Those of us who rely on CC are paying big bucks and getting nothing in return.

When will this problem be taken care of as captions on ALL other channels work???

(One of our TVs is less 30 days old - 2020 model, not Samsung)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We don't view any TV / movies on our IPHONE8 or IPADS.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Pir CC came on Monday 8/17 also, but then went back off by Wed 8/19 evening.  ?????

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@maharr36 wrote:

Hallmark has announced that as August 18(?), 2020, it is not providing cc for certain devices such as Samsung TVs older than 2017.  However I do not have cc anymore on my other TV either and it is not a Samsung and it is newer.  How is this legal?  

Have you had an issue? the set top boxes create the Closed captions on the screen via HDMI not the TV.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MsDeafy wrote:

Pir CC came on Monday 8/17 also, but then went back off by Wed 8/19 evening.  ?????

tried on a smart phone/tablet?  captions work there? on what device are you using (x1 set top box? Roku? etc?)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MsDeafy wrote:

We don't view any TV / movies on our IPHONE8 or IPADS.

it is part of diagnosing the issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I want my CC back on Hallmark! Was on a few days ago and not working again! I paid a lot of money for making sure Hallmark channels were included. Please fix the problem! Especially before Christmas shows come on! I watch Hallmark all the time and now I can’t enjoy it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here