Kirsten1114's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Accessible Remote for Customer with Alzheimer's

Hello,

I purchased a universal Weemote for my mother who has Alzheimer's, however after spending some time with Comcast support, I have been told that this remote is incompatable with Comcast.  She needs a remote that I can preprogram with her 4 or 5 favorite channels that allows her to toggle between them easily.  Ideally, I would like this as a supplemental remote since my dad still enjoys many other channels.  What do you offer or suggest for your customers with cognitive disabilities, so that they are able to access your programming in a way that meets their needs?

Thank you for your help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

It’s the boxes that get programmed with favorites, that favorite list is accessed through the remotes. What boxes do they have?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It's the X1 with DVR box.  Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Kristin,

Did you ever get an answer to you issue?  I have the same issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have a similar situation with an elderly household member.  Looking for a remote that we can set up 4 or 5 favorite channels, and eliminate the 'ok' button?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

No, I have not gottern any other answers.  The remote is too complicated for her to operate.  Voice control is not an option for her since she often forgets words and hesitates a lot when speaking.  It's very frustrating.  My parents live in a retirement community and Comcast is the only option, so they are essentially paying for a service that she cannot access due to her disability.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kirsten1114 wrote:

No, I have not gottern any other answers.  The remote is too complicated for her to operate.  Voice control is not an option for her since she often forgets words and hesitates a lot when speaking.  It's very frustrating.  My parents live in a retirement community and Comcast is the only option, so they are essentially paying for a service that she cannot access due to her disability.

have you considered using non-x1 equipment like the DTA (HD)? it has a simple remote and no voice control. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here