U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 4:45 PM

xfinity slow speeds

I just "upgraded" my internet plan through a promotion that was sold to me when I asked for a new remote. This was a huge mistake. My internet speeds are now ridiculously slow. They were much faster before. I had similar problems before. The tech came, said the line outside was bad, also said the modem was bad, replaced both, and suddenly my internet was much faster. I was thrilled. Then I contacted Xfinity to get a new remote. The guy that spoke to me (via online chat) scammed me into "upgrading" my internet so it would be faster by offering about $20 off my bill every month. I've been tricked into these scams before so I guess I should have known better. Now my internet is even slower than it was BEFORE the tech came. Customer service is pointless. They do all of their little tests, and they say everything is fine. (Except they say they are getting 400 while my plan is supposed to be 12000 - and they say that's acceptable. I'm getting about 250.) They "escalated" my issue to some tech team that never called but claimed to have checked my network thoroughly. They said it was fine. I let them know it was far from fine. Now they are sending another tech out in about a week, but this did NOT start happening until I changed plans. Why would a plan that is supposed to offer faster internet actually cause slower speeds? How do I go back to my old plan since this seems to be the issue? Basically, how do I get them to actually fix this??? (Bypassing with VPN does not work, just makes it even slower.) Modem reset does not work. Whatever else they do on their end does not work. I'm stuck, and they are telling me I signed a contract. Well, they are NOT upholding their end of the deal and I should be able to cancel it. I'm about ready to go to another provider for internet.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum @user_0cceb9.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best expereince with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away for you.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can take a look at what is going on for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 month ago

I actually had a tech come to the house. He repaired several wires and replaced some line outside. Everything works great now. So the problem was faulty wires. Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this until the tech came. It just seemed strange that the internet speeds dropped so low after accepting a promotion for higher internet speeds. He did say it might also been because the router needed to be reassigned. Whatever the reason, it's fixed. Thanks.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for the update and we appreciate you working with us. It is great to hear that our tech was able to take of you and our team is always here if there is anything else we can help with! Take care. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here