U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 17th, 2021 10:17 PM

Closed

Xfinity blocking access to the epoch times website

Why is Xfinity blocking access to the Epoch Times website? I don't need Xfinity to censor what sites I visit. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same. What the heck? Super unsatisfied AND paying customer. Help us understand how you have the right to block my feed?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Not acceptable. You are providing internet access for a paying customer. You don't get to filter what news content I choose to read. Turn Epoch Times back on now!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@BillReich. Others report it is working now. Let me know if you have any issues.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Let me get this straight.... Xfinity is now my news content editor?  Is Xfinity now a publisher under Section 230?

Put Epoch Times back where you found it!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

One can access the Epoch Times through an xfinity connection using the Brave browser under a private browser/Tor window.  Very, very strange.  Is this some type of Chinese hacking event?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This should be illegal.I am contacting my states attorney general and the FCC.  Outrageous.  Fascists

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

For me incognito is NOT working. Both theepochtimes.com and rumble.com are being blocked. Very suspicious. I can access both sites from my phone if I turn off wifi and use my 5g connection. It has to be Xfinity blocking them 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @chuckh1958. I see some are able to get in while others may not. I'd like to share this post of someone in a similar situation (different website) that was able get this fixed, and it also covers how to report any blocked sites: https://comca.st/3pdfjrO

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Rumble, Epoch Times, and Infowars is not accessible for me.   What is going on?

Contributor

• 

167 Messages

3 years ago

Worked on Safari.. With VPN on as well.. Strange..

Have we tried a different browser?

If u feeling techie, try cmd window or terminal window and trace to the website, or search using different search engines, bing, google, duck duck?

Thanks and good luck.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

3 years ago

All. Try contacting this team about this issue. They handle blocking issues;

Comcast Customer Security Assurance. You can contact them online using the link below;

https://spa.xfinity.com/?linkId=130556429  

https://comca.st/3C2771k which will take you to the general overview page. From there, you will then navigate over to the "Report a blocked website" button. You will then find the section and tool you need.

Or call them at 1-888-565-4329 or 844-355-8719

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_0d4b27 thank you for reaching out. I know how important it is to access the Epoch Times website. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you. I’d like to ask, what web browser are you using? Have you  tried multiple browsers?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMikeB It no longer seems to be blocked. I use Safari on Apple devices. When I posted, I could reach the site on my iPhone using data, but not Xfinity connection on either my phone or my iMac. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

I’m glad to hear it’s no longer blocked! If you do run into an issues trying to access this website from your network, let me know, I would be happy to help out.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here