U

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Sunday, May 15th, 2022 7:16 PM

Closed

xfi pods ethernet

Recently my xFi pods are not activating the ethernet port unless the plugged-in device is my computer.  For years I have had a NAS plugged into it and now I cannot access without first plugging in my computer and browsing the Internet.  That seems to activate the port and allows me to connect other devices.  Has there been a recent change to the pod configuration?  I have tried a couple with the same result.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_9a728e, thank you for reaching out on our forums. That is strange and there hasn't been an update I could find that would cause the port to to turn on with devices. I'm wondering if the NAS isn't being recognized with xFi. Does it pick up when it is plugged into the modem directly or having the same issue?

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ This affects any device that is plugged into the Pod except my laptop. My setup has a small Netgear switch plugged into the Pod and my printer and NAS are plugged into the switch.  This has worked fine for years.  Now the only thing that will get the Pod Ethernet port to work is to plug my laptop into the switch.  I have taken the switch out of the configuration to test the Pod port directly and still the only thing that activates it is my laptop...not the printer or the NAS.  I have also switched the Pod with another in my house...same thing.  Sure seems that something has changed somewhere in the Xfinity network equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_9a728e thanks for taking the time out of your day to respond back to our Team over our Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your pods, and we are here to do our best to get everything working as it should. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I tried to message you but your name does not appear in the To: box list.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for your time and for reaching back out. I am sorry for the trouble in reaching out to our team, I will include some detailed instructions here below.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Any update on this post. I’m having the same issue with my synology Nas connected to my pod. Computer is on the same pod and working but it’s saying my nas is not connected. Very strange. Hope it worked out for you as I’m having the same issue.

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

@user_d55299 Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Community Forum for assistance. I understand you are experiencing issues with your xFi pods, and it would be my pleasure to help. It looks like this post was initiated a few months ago, so let's start fresh just to make sure we're on the same page. I am confident we will get to the bottom of your concerns. Can you tell me exactly what's happening, and how often? Also, are your pods fairly new or have you had them for a while? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_d55299 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 3-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here