fearlessvoicee's profile

New Poster

• 

34 Messages

Sunday, February 18th, 2024 7:13 PM

Closed

XB10 info

I was just wondering as the XB10 was recently announced when an anticipated launch would occur and would it work on existing network or would you have to be on the X class of Internet to use it as I would be highly interested to test on my network? With the gig 2X plan I have.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

8 months ago

@fearlessvoicee - "The XB10 is set to launch later this year. Comcast said it’s not disclosing the manufacturer at this time. Pricing will be announced at launch and is expected to be similar to the price of other modems. XB10 supports both the next-generation internet service, called DOCSIS 4.0 and Wi-Fi 7...", so it sounds like this is for their X-Class service, but D4 CableModems should be backwards compatible with D3.1

(edited)

New Poster

• 

34 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you I was also wondering from a Comcast employees perspective I know there was beta testing for the XB8 how would I request to be a beta tester for the XB10 which I’m assuming they’ll start beta testing in a few months if they want to have it out quarter 2

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@fearlessvoicee - I would not know "from a Comcast employees perspective" . . .

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

8 months ago

Honestly, unless you do have X-Class Internet, I would not worry too much obtaining this, you wouldn't really be missing out on much, in my opinion.

Most likely initially, this will be restricted to only areas that are on X-Class Internet, to ensure they get the proper equipment for their service.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

34 Messages

8 months ago

I have gig 2x which is symmetrical

like x class so I don't see why I would be restricted?

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@fearlessvoicee - unless you have a brand new X-Class Docsis4.0 FDX service, the "gig 2x" is not symmetrical,

you can check your Tier information after logging into your xfinity account and clicking on the "Internet" link, you should see "Speed" under "Your Plan".

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @fearlessvoicee,

I do apologize, but we do not have any additional information to share regarding the XB10 device such as anticipated release date, deployment, and service requirements. 

X-Class Internet is limited to three very small and limited groups at this time. Our Xfinity Gigabit x2 Internet service would deliver approximately up-to 2 Gbps download and approximately up-t0 200 Mbps upload depending on service and equipment requirements.

You can see your subscribed services by visiting the Xfinity App and Xfinity web portal as mentioned by @user_noname

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

34 Messages

@user_noname​ unless I was misinformed I was told by rep who upgraded us gig 2x was symmetrical in my area

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@fearlessvoicee The information that our Expert @EG provided you is correct. Gigabit X2 is not the same as symmetrical speeds where the download and upload speeds are the same. Being able to provide symmetrical speeds is something we are exploring as we understand that the need for upload speeds is just as important as download speeds grow increasingly. We hope this is something we will be offering more so in the future but currently, it is only available to a very small number of customers at this time.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

@fearlessvoicee​ wrote: "Unless I was misinformed I was told by rep who upgraded us gig 2x was symmetrical in my area"

When you do a speed test do you see symmetrical speeds ?

https://www.speedtest.net/ 

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

8 months ago

@fearlessvoicee 

FWIW. *Gig x2* is 2000 down 200 up (100 up in the Northeast division). Not "symmetrical" speeds.

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

beta testing where do we sign up?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here