U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 3:44 PM

Wow my internet has gotten bad

I’m really not sure what has happened with my internet service, it’s been the same way for 6 years and we just upgraded it to unlimited a year ago, I’m paying 180+ for just internet. I get incredibly slow speeds now with downloading and streaming is awful it’s constantly stopping to buffer in the middle of a show, prior to  about a year ago this never happened, games would take maybe 30 min max to download now they are taking hours if they even download at all, we are constantly losing internet all together, I’m to the point where if it doesn’t get fixed asap I’m going to switch service I’m so dissatisfied, and then to get a real human being to talk to me and help me figure it all out is impossible it’s so aggravating like I want to throw my phone through a window every time I try and get customer support and not some robo chat bot. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

2 Messages

So this winter I bought a brand new smart tv for my living room, in about a weeks time of owning the tv I could no longer connect to the network without being connected via Ethernet cable directly, with that in mind I still get insanely slow speed and often times just watching a YouTube video it stops to buffer and sometimes fails at that, I can never have my phone connected to the WiFi or it gets slowed down tremendously, and I have an iPhone 15, today I tried to download an add on pack for a game and it was 5 items with a file size totaling less than 3 gigs and it said it was going to take 30 min and it never even was able to finish the download due to losing network, previously something like this would take seconds. Nothing about my overall service package has changed in the last 6 years aside from getting switched to unlimited data.  It’s been within the last 5 months or so that I’ve really noticed a drastic decline in my internet service 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_hl1zd5 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you with your internet issues. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

OK, what do the modem's signal stat values look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem / gateway device ?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_hl1zd5 

Have you had a chance to gather the requested information ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here