U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 4:52 PM

Wifi signal weak after upgrading to XB7

I had a really old comcast gateway device it was a tall flat black box. i never had issues with devices staying connected in other rooms of the house. I recently got a text saying I should upgrade my rented device and recieved an XB7 in the mail. since the day i set it up, cell phones run slow, my PS5 disconnects repeatedly making it unusable for gaming or streaming, the -dbm's or whatever they are drop considerably when i go just a room away from the new gateway. Everything is in the same spot as the much older gateway that i think was almost 10 years old and never once dropped connections from my smart tv or other devices, but the connections are now terrible. I have tried every suggestion i have come across and im convinced either the individual Gateway i got is bad or the XB7 design is just bad itself. I was wondering if there is away i can go about trying to upgrade this to an XB8 or try another box? 

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 months ago

user_0d70qg 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

@user_0d70qg 

Did you have a chance to see if any of those tips apply? Please respond right here in your topic on these public help forums. Thank you.

3 Messages

Nothing has worked yet. i am reaching out via dm again to see if they can give another gateway. the problem did not exist until i got it

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have a very similar problem. It is shocking how much signal was lost by "upgrading" to the newer gateway router from Xfinity. The Wifi is now not usable in more than half our home. I am trying to see if the power output from the gateway can be increased. Otherwise, I will assume that this is a deprecation fraud to stimulate sales of their other equipment, like WiFi extenders. Worst of all, the decline of Xfinity really shows itself when trying to call for support. They have set their chatbot system to force restarts every time, and otherwise make it very difficult to reach a person, or follow up with an existing case. The Xfinity techs even curse when they have to deal with it. July 18, 2024. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_xe1gjy - Our team can help! Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 month ago

Well i was just told in the last DM that i got that it is a violation of the rules to DM an xfinity worker about my issues and that i should just go to the store.. even though i was told here to use the DM feature? oh well, i am a customer of 41 years and our town never had competitors allowed before. maybe ill try astound that was just brought to my town last month

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here