U

Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 4:13 PM

SB8200 Upload Speed

In searching this forum it is obvious this is a known issue with this modem.  Does anyone know whether Xfinity or Arris is ever going to own the problem or will Xfinity continue to skirt the effort through semantics?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hey @user_8s5mcs,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We have reviewed your post as well as other comments on some other users post. The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is working as intended. The device is not supported on our Next Generation Internet speed tiers, so the device is not eligible for the increased upload speeds.

If your account is in a Next Generation Internet speed tier location, I highly recommend visiting our "All Compatible Devices (Including Next Generation Speed Tiers)" support page where you can find a list of all currently supported Next Generation Internet speed tier cable modem models. All supported models will be listed under the "Next Gen Speed Tier" section.

The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem may or may not be added in the future. It will have to go through a lot of testing and certification before being approved to receive the Next Generation Internet speed tier list. 

6 Messages

Your response is really pretty useless.  When I searched Xfinity for a compatible device mine is listed.  Show me where it mentions "Next Generation Internet" as not being supported by this device when I go to the "

Recommended Devices for Our Internet Plans".

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

@user_8s5mcs 

The chart is at the top. These are the only devices that currently support the "Next Gen" speed tier.

(edited)

6 Messages

That is absolutely wonderful if you knew what next gen speed was and whether you had it so you could search for that chart.

(edited)

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

The employee pointed you to that page. Comcast could have made things much more clear but they have chosen not to... Google can help fill in the gaps somewhat: https://www.google.com/search?q=xfinity+next+gen+speed+tier 

Hey guy. I'm trying to help you..... Don't kill the messenger... I'm not a CC employee.

(edited)

6 Messages

@EG​ I thank you for your help.  This fiasco makes the new fiber in the neighborhood with faster speeds and lower price look more attractive.

The problem with doing searches is you have to know what you are looking for to start with.  I never heard of next gen and can see no mention of it on my account so never would have been looking for the proper modem in the first place.  

Official Employee

• 

928 Messages

@user_8s5mcs, we will pass along your feedback on making it clearer to search for the speed and device compatibility. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

You're quite welcome ! Understood. No worries ! Good luck to you !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here