M

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 12:44 AM

Port Forwarding error "We are having some trouble"

I’ve been trying to set up Port Forwarding through the Xfinity app on my phone. Every time I try to access this or any other option in the Advanced Settings, I am met with “We encountered an issue” or “we’re having some trouble gathering the list of your port forwards” or just infinite loading. I have tried restarting it, reinstalling the app, trying the app on another phone, and have tried to access these settings over the course of multiple months but unfortunately, it just continues to give me this message.

I know this has been an issue in the past with Xfinity's previous models but we have a Gateway XB8 running firmware CGM4981COM_6.7p14s1_PROD_sey. I have not tried factory resetting it since there seems to be no solid solution to this yet.

Hoping to get some answers.

1 Message

4 months ago

"Open up the xfinity app and it should bring you to the overview page. On the top right, there is a chat icon, click it. It will bring you to the chat AI assist. In the chat window, type port forward. The AI will respond the a number of prompts, select network. Then another list of prompts will load, select open advanced options. Finally, the last set of prompts will appear, where here you can select port forwarding."

3 Messages

Appreciate the help. Tried this though and it just brought me to the same prompt as usual. "Sorry, we're having some trouble gathering the list of your port forwards."

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, Mango_! Usually restarting the gateway, setting up port forwarding, and then restart the gateway again will clear it up. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Hi Antoine,

I tired doing this numerous times over the course of multiple months and it still keeps giving me the same error. I'm thinking I might call out an Xfinity tech to do some deeper troubleshooting.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you so much for that clarification @Mango_.  We are glad to take a closer look at this for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here