U

Friday, July 12th, 2024 4:01 AM

Ping Issues on Fortnite

Hello, while I was playing Fortnite in Creative I realized that I was getting more ping than usual. In creative it shows that I get near 0 ping, but recently around the last 2 weeks, I have been spiking up to 20-50 ping. This may not seem much but the change from my previous ping which was near 0 hinders my performance and makes the game way less enjoyable for me. I have tried everything such as resetting my modem, restarting my computer, etc but still, I haven't been able to get a fix (I use a wired/ethernet connection and even tried WIFI just to test it out). I just want to know why I am getting more ping than usual compared to my previous near 0 ping.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns @user_9k9vdw.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can to properly address your concerns.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_9k9vdw @XfinityArmand 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

10 Messages

@EG​ I was in private contact with them for a couple of hours, they weren’t able to resolve anything, I am just kinda sad currently. :(

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_9k9vdw, I wish we could have done more to help. Your service is not the issue. Everything is looking great from this side and running in the green. The Extenders on your side could be running some interference. You could try powering them off to test. Other than that, you may want to update your hard drive. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

Okay, i’ll try to look into it more on my side. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great, @user_9k9vdw that sounds good. If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to reach back out.-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

10 Messages

1 month ago

Hello, I previously made a post here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ping-issues-on-fortnite/6690aaaace90f861c765d328

It explains my ping issue on Fortnite where I went from 0-5 ping to 35+ ping in-game, and as I enjoy playing competitively it hinders my performance. I was basically in contact with Xfinity support through dms for a couple of hours (around 6+), they did some troubleshooting and other things which ultimately was a waste of time and did not help at all, I was also told that in a game like Fortnite ping can spike and it shouldn't affect my gameplay much but it has. My ping does not just spike up, my average ping has gone up by 30+ and I can no longer enjoy gaming anymore as I try to play competitively and need an internet connection that supports it. I have extenders downstairs for cameras (but I use ethernet for my gaming pc...) which I was told to turn off so I did and the issue wasn't resolved, afterwards I was told to update my hardware (I keep all my drivers, etc up to date already) so just to maybe see if there was a difference I updated my bios as well and had the extenders off and It made no difference. Just to test some more things out or find the issue I checked to see if my ethernet cable might've been damaged (it's really high quality and supports speeds up to 40gbps) and it hasn't been affected. The issue also cannot be my PC as I keep it updated and it's a really really good PC as well. Just to double-check if it might've been my PC, I tested out Fortnite on other PCs and even my console, and my ping has increased on those devices too, on those devices I used to also get really low ping (anywhere from 0-10 ping) in most of my games but the ping has increased by a significant amount now. I have contacted Fortnite support as well, it wasn't an issue with their servers or anything and they also have told me it is an issue with my internet provider. Just to double test this, I checked my ping on other games like Valorant and Counter-Strike where I used to have 0-15ish ping but now I get 35+ too meaning it has to be an issue with Xfinity. I have done everything I can on my side that I can and have had no solution, also while I was in contact with Xfinity support they weren't able to solve to issue or even find the issue, I feel like there is a lack of transparency here. I have been a customer for a couple of years now, it's just kind of irritating how my ping used to be so good now it's really bad. I have talked to some of my friends who play Fortnite with me, they uses ATT fiber and he said he gets almost 0 ping every time making going up to 10 max (also in different games he gets like 9 ping constantly), we live only a couple of houses away and play even in the same lobbies. It makes no sense to me why my ping is so much worse now. I don't even feel like contacting Xfinity again through DMS because last time I wasted 6+ hours of my morning and got no solution but was told it's normal... how... I was playing this game for years without any issues and now for more than a month, I have had this issue. Does anyone know a real fix? If I can't get this issue resolved I will most likely just switch internet providers. Also, if you guys have any questions about my setup or my connection just lmk, I really just want to get this issue resolved already.

Maybe I'm just ranting and coping but this issue is so annoying man it literally makes no sense to me. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Still having issues on Fortnite with Ping

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_9k9vdw

Thanks for reaching out to us my son is an Xbox gamer and as popular as Fortnite is depending on if they were in school or not the ping would be really high which is a server issue with the gaming network, do you have any trouble with high pings with any other games/

Official Employee

• 

538 Messages

Hey there @user_9k9vdw. Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have issues with your internet connection. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. If you could please send me a DM again with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

10 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ Yeah, in my original text I said I ran some tests in other games including Valorant and Counter-Strike, I used to get around 10 ping in those games or lower but now I get around 25-50 on average, it doesn't just spike up it's like my average ping went up by a lot.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Ping below 50 is considered good. Typically ping should not make a noticeable difference unless it is 150 or higher. We can certainly take a further look at the signals going to the modem and see if there are any noticeable issues with the signal level. Please send us a DM with your full name and full address @user_9k9vdw.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here