U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 8:09 PM

Phising occurred

Ii was trying to get an eta on an outage, so I called a customer service number from the top web result.  It game me the phone number [Edited: "Personal Information"].

They asked for the phone number associated with the account.  Which I gave them and then they asked me to give them the 6 digit password they sent, which I gave them only to then read the full result that this shouldn't be provided.  They hung up, I called back and it was clearly a phising group.

I immediately changed my password.  Checked who logged in the ip address were just my family is there any way to check if something was modified?

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

23 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

23 days ago

Hey there, user_e14xmk, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the recent phishing experience you had. I am happy to hear you changed your password already as we want to ensure that you account is secure. Here is a link with details on how to see any recent sign in activity on your account, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-device-sign-in. Let me know if that helps!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here