jhkluger's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 10th, 2021 8:35 PM

Closed

Orbi RBK50v2 Ethernet Ports Not Working with Xfinity XB6

I have an XB6, running in bridge mode, so that I can use a Netgear Orbi RBR50 Routers (+2 RBS Satellites).  It has been working fine for many months, but suddenly the Ethernet ports on the Orbi do not generate a valid IP address for any device plugged in with a cable, although the Orbi works just find in WiFi mode.  I have downloaded the latest firmware for the Orbi and rebooted both the cable modem and Orbi mutliple times.  Netgear support says it could be bad LAN ports on the Orbi, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into compatibility issues with the Xfinity XB6 before I splurge for a new router.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @jhkluger. I highly doubt there is a hardware issue and it sounds like an IP conflict or management issue. Do you use an ethernet switch from the Orbi? Do all points have ethernet and stopped working?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityEthan You were right!  There was an IP conflict, caused by one of the devices plugged into the switch I was running off the Orbi.  As long as that device is not plugged in, the system is now working fine.  Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Awesome!  So glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you! Was there anything else that we could help with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here