edjcas's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 20th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

New increase in internet speeds per your email

When will i see an increase in my speed that your email stated today ? I am currently seeing the old speed and it does not allow your streaming to come online in a reasonable speed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yep the upgrades kicked in today in Central, you may need to reboot the modem, I did.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

5 years ago

@ritchea -- The September 24th date (today) for those in Florida has apprently kicked-in here in Cape Coral.  I just power cycled my gateway and I got the speed increase.  Extreme went from

250/20 to 300/20.  My main computer is on ethernet and download is actually hovering around

400 and upload is 25-26.

The infrastructure in Okeechobee is apparently behind-the times.  Maybe you can contact Comcast corporate and see if any improvement might be in the offing?

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

5 years ago

Our version of Blast was 100 Mbps. After a complete power cycle (unplugged modem from power source for one minute+ a few seconds, unplugged router, turned off computer; after modem came back up, plugged in router then turned pc back on), this is my result (no one was "using" the internet in the house) https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/8487a5bf-b582-42ac-9e6c-9c08928f0e1c

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I can confirm that the speed upgrade is Live in Fort Myers, FL. Was rated for 60Mb/s but typically got around 70. I'm now rated at 100 and I'm getting about 120Mb/s via speedtest.net.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Can confirm the speed increase has taken place in the Atlanta area.  The 150/10 tier is now showing 238/14 via ethernet using Ookla Speedtest.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

I'm in Metro Atlanta, on the 60/5 tier. I got the 100/5 email a few days ago, still don't see the new speed. The Xfinity My Account app still shows 60.

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myPlan

It shows 60 here too

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I’ve rebooted. Wish they would tell us exactly when we will get it.

I don’t want to keep rebooting for the sake of it. But I will try again once I see it reflected in the app that my plan is now 100 mbps

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

5 years ago

Can report it is live in the Chicago area. I went from 60/5 (tested 72/6) to 100/5 (tests 120/6).

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

5 years ago

Got another email last night that my internet speed has been increased from 150 Mbps to 200Mbps. Nope. Complete recycling of equipment and the speedtest is the same as posted ealier. Of course, local verified that our area only gets 100Mbps on Blast, but when I went to the office to check on Center Ice, the agent said she didn't know if we would get any increase or not. She was wondering about that for her own internet and was hoping the techs (the only ones who had the "numbers") would clue her in. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

5 years ago

Just an FYI for this thread - while Comcast is implementing an across the board speed upgrade, remember that:

1. Not all modems will be able to accommodate increased speeds - an 8x4 (8 download channels x 4 upload channels) modem will bottleneck speeds over 170 Mbps, and a 4x4 modem will bottleneck over 120 Mbps. If you're not sure, go to https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ to see compatible hardware for your new speed tier. 
  2. Not all local service areas will have the necessary hardware to handle increased speeds. Please consult your local XFINITY service area if you nave any questions. 

Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

5 years ago

@darkangelic wrote:

Just an FYI for this thread - while Comcast is implementing an across the board speed upgrade, remember that:

1. Not all local service areas will have the necessary hardware to handle increased speeds. Please consult your local XFINITY service area if you nave any questions. 

Thank you. 

This is the info that needs to go to Comcast email system. It can be pretty frustrating when one receives an email stating:

We’ve increased your Internet download speed

The download speed included with your current Xfinity Internet
plan has been increased from 150/10 Mbps to 200/10 Mbps.

We know how important your network is to you, and we
want to thank you for choosing us to be your trusted
Internet provider.

Note, this is not future tense but present perfect (have increased)--although there's nothing perfect about sending emails to all accounts when they do not apply to all accounts. The same thing happened when the cloud dvr became available. We kept getting emails and snail mail saying we had it; we even saw the announcements written on our bills. I called to inquire and was told we had it. Finally, I got to someone who said that it wasn't in our area but would be by xx/xx/xxxx. (any time between 1-18 months when calling after each given timeframe had passed). Three years later, we got cloud dvr which I thoroughly enjoy. Even though I have gigabit everything from PCI net card to modem to router, our current Blast! of 100/10 Mbps (NOT 150/10 as also stated in the email and confirmed by local as "what we get") is plenty fast enough for us. I'm not complaining about NOT getting the speed; I'm complaining about receiving incorrect information. At least Comcast is the only one of around 25 accounts I manage that does this. On the rare occasion I receive questionable info from one of those companies, a correction with apology follow within 24 hrs. 
Whew! I definitely feel better now. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

I got the same thing, not in the future tense, but as if it already happened. Still says 60 instead of 100 on My Xfinity app and website.

We’ve increased your Internet download speed

The download speed included with your current Xfinity Internet
plan has been increased

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

5 years ago

Never got the email. Read about it on local MLive news. Checked speed and it is 604Mbps (LAN) and 540 MBps (wifi)

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

5 years ago

What is your cable modem and router?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have a txt msg that they increased download speed but did not tell me what to what speed.

I have already have a gigabit speed. so what I expect to get more speed?

I have no speed different after power cycle my modem and router.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here