A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 4:15 PM

Local Seattle Server dropping over 90% of all packet traffic

For the past year (honestly longer), a local Seattle Comcast server has been dropping over 90% of all packet traffic (be-301-arsc1.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net / 2001:558:a0:1e0::1).  The hop after that server (2001:559:7bd::1166) drops over 70% of all packet traffic.  It is clear that this is impacting my connection significantly.  I work from home, and I only work through video calls.  My connection drops every 10 to 15 minutes, and my ping times are horribly inconsistent, frequently spiking to 3000+ms randomly.  Every time I contact Xfinity/Comcast directly, they tell me they will get engineering to handle it.  I have done this 6 times over the past year.  The server is clearly not functioning well, and this is impacting all traffic that passes through the server.  If I ping a server hosted north of me (in Canada, for example), I don't have any problems with packet loss or ping times, but I don't get to choose to route my primary connection through somewhere else that isn't a horribly-functioning Comcast server.  

At this point, I really don't know what to do, and I don't have any other broadband options at my address.  This is impacting my livelihood, and I need it fixed.

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there @Aniyoshi! Thanks fore reaching out to us on the Community Forum. We would certainly be happy to check into this connection issue to see what we can do to help. We know how important a reliable connection is all the time, but more so when working or studying! Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

11 Messages

1 month ago

Having the exact same issue for awhile and just started using pingplotter which traced 93% packet loss to be-307-arsc1.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net

11 Messages

Further testing shows it is an ipv6 server issue which exactly in line with the original poster. How do we get the server fixed?

1 Message

1 month ago

I have this exact same issue and customer support was unable to assist. Thinking of switching ISPs. What other options do we have?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2m566h Thank you for connecting with us about your server. We are happy to help. Please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

This is the right board..... Wonder how the other posters are making out ?

11 Messages

@EG​ No solution yet through support

1 Message

1 month ago

Sounds like I'm having the same problem.  Have had 2 separate Techs show up to work on it.  Even a "quality assurance" guy follow up on site.  They say all is good, but I have repeated drops in signal.  All routers have to reboot.  Videos calls dropped.  Not workable.  Abysmal customer service.  Not sure what to do anymore. Seems like the only solution is changing service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_5d0e57 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can figure out what's going on with your Xfinity internet connection. Since you've already had technicians out there to troubleshoot, I'd like to investigate this further.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

11 Messages

1 month ago

There have been similar reports regarding Sacramento, Atlanta, and Memphis servers. No one has a solution. The more people who speak up with the same issue the better so it actually gets escalated. The spiking does not majorly affect services with stream buffering (because buffering) but is very apparent in video calls and live service/online games. Every single one of my work meetings is video chat.

1 Message

1 month ago

I'd like to report the same in the Atlanta area. Ongoing since early/mid July. Multiple short-duration full disconnections per day. Sometimes longer (20-30 minute) sessions of intermittent disconnections. I can confirm that these are not localized at our house, between the modem light not changing, and also being in contact with other people in completely different areas simultaneously experiencing the same issue. These are extremely disruptive to anything live service such as gaming or voice/video meetings as they cause immediate disconnects.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Akuleid Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

1 Message

25 days ago

I'd like to report it in Portland, OR. The funny thing is when i hit a speed tester, I start a 1mb/s with packet loss and then it slowly cranks up to the speeds I should be getting. If i wait 10 minutes and speed test again, the exact same thing happens. THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY SPEED TEST EXCEPT FOR COMCASTS. It seems pretty clear to me that comcast is throttling 98% of my bandwidth until it detects a speed test and then it cranks the speed up. This pattern of responding to load totally [Edited: "Language"] me for work, gaming, etc

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

756 Messages

user_bz540q Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

11 days ago

Having the same problem. Last three months been constant drop outs. Ping plotter shows be-36111-cs01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net with 60% packet loss. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello user_4j5vnh, thank you for checking out our Forum for help. Are you seeing this issue present across all of your devices or just a specific device? I want to make sure we get started on the same page and work from there. What troubleshooting steps have you taken on your end? That way we can avoid repeating anything you've tried already.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here