U

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 11:20 PM

Lag spikes across all devices on the network all at the same time.

Around a month ago, I started having odd lag spikes on my computer, they would happen consistently across all devices at the same time every 10-11 minutes or so.

There would be around a 5 second period of lag, then a few seconds later, another 5 seconds of lag, and then another 10-11 minutes would pass before the next lag period. 

This has been consistent for a month now and many possible solutions all failed (restarting router, gateway, updating devices, moving router, using different ports, etc.)

I have completely run out of options and am posting this here. At the time, the Xfinity assistant is failing to give me a call with a real Xfinity agent.

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

1 month ago

user_ep4lra Hello, are you still experiencing service issues?

5 Messages

These issues are still happening, same consistency of around every 11 minutes or so. 

Since then I've tried a few other possible solutions which then failed, like unplugging all network equipment and giving the modem time to rest. 

I also had a thought that the modem might be overheating, but upon giving it a cooler environment and less strain on the traffic going in, the issue stayed the same.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address @user_ep4lra? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

message has been sent

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

1 month ago

That is the account holder. Unfortunately the account holder has to authorize you on the account or request the tech visit.

5 Messages

Last update on this issue before the in person appointment. 

I wanted to see if the problem is coming from the gateway hardware or the coaxl cable and upward from there.

After the lag happened, i started a timer and restarted the gateway by unplugging it for about a minute.

Upon giving it power and waiting for connection, I waited another few minutes for the 10 minute interval to happen, and it did not lag at 10 minutes.

It lagged 10 minutes after the gateway went online, so my guess is that its a faulty or malfunctioning gateway and would need to be replaced.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Can you get the account holder to reach out, so we can get that tech visit scheduled? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

we have already scheduled a tech visit for tomorrow

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here