K

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:06 PM

Isp's DHCP does not function properly

I'm having this issue after buying a new router, can you help me out?

andyross

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.1K Messages

2 m ago

Is it an Asus router? It's a bit of a known issue and there are several threads about it. Just search for "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly".

(edited)

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

23K Messages

2 m ago

ASUS explains the "Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly" message this way:

The router has detected that the WAN port has a connecting network cable (RJ45) but does not have the ability to access the Internet

So you may want to check the suggestions in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/connection-troubleshooting-tips/602da777c5375f08cdea3db9 . Especially check downstream power levels and SNR, upstream power levels, and the event log.

jlavaseur

Problem Solver

• 

631 Messages

2 m ago

I have a asus router, i had that error before, i went to the routers admin page, it did state that error, but there's a link to fix that, the link is self explanatory...

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

23K Messages

2 m ago

@jlavaseur wrote "... there's a link to fix that, the link is self explanatory..."

What is the explanation, and what is the fix?

jlavaseur

Problem Solver

• 

631 Messages

2 m ago

It just guided me to redo the connection, couple of questions and a few clicks, once i just clicked the link and it fixed its self, the router i have is a asus rt-ax86u, boatload of options, way more then the average user needs...

Official Employee

• 

266 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @Krenneh, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums! For troubleshooting purposes, could you please further clarify the issue you are having with your router?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

My ASUS router says "ISP's DHCP does not function properly" every time I lose power or turn off the router. If I connect my cable modem to my PC the internet is working fine, so it has to be a router issue. Or maybe the way Xfinity's DHCP works with the Asus router is the problem.

My solution was (my router had the latest firmware available from Asus):

1. Turn off the modem

2. Factory reset my router.

3. Turn on modem

4. Setup the router's WIFI etc.

Hope this works for others, because I spent many hours laboring on how to fix this issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I have an Asus AC1750 paired up with the Arris SB8200 modem. After spending several frustrating hours I stumbled on the Asus Router app. After downloading to phone, I got into the router it queried about DHCP, I answered yes, problem solved!

New to the Community?

Start Here