U

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2024 2:51 AM

Internet keeps dropping at random times

Since last week, I've been experiencing random drops in my internet service that occur for 10-20 seconds then my internet reconnects. This has happened on any service I've been on, or just sitting at my computer doing nothing. Xfinity Assistant has not been helpful and I can't find the customer support number to save my life. Below are the recent times it has happened:

All times PST

9/9:
10:33 PM
9:00 PM
8:33 PM

9/10:
7:11 PM
12:03 AM

Can someone please help me and look into why my service is dropping like this?

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

28 days ago

After a few days, my connection has been stable throughout the days and no drops have occurred.  Speeds are all good and there are no other problems happening. So I think it's safe to say my problem is fixed and the issue was the bad connectors and modem upgrade. Thanks to Xfinity Support for their help!

@EG or @XfinityVictor Let me know which post to mark as the Accepted Answer

1 Message

1 month ago

Same issue here... My speeds are fine, and when I check on the app the router claims its running with no issues, but for me to even reconnect I have to restart my router.

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Hey there, tylerw1! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forum! I am sorry to hear about the connectivity troubles. Can you share with us what troubleshooting steps you have completed? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I'm having the same issues as well. I only notice it if I'm running a live service such as an online game, or if I'm doing a voice or video call, it'll always disconnect and reconnect me after 20-30 seconds repeatedly. I've thrown everything at this issue and even had a technician come out and "fix" the problem, but the issue continues to happen. What can I even do at this point?

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

Shhteve This isn't the experience we want you or anyone to have, and my team can help. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

1 Message

I’ve been experiencing frequent drops in my Wi-Fi connection on all my devices ever since I modified my plan. Several other customers in northern Colorado are reporting the same issue. I haven’t received any answers yet. This is my last attempt to resolve the issue before I visit the local dealer. If that doesn’t work, I will explore other options in the area. It’s frustrating to be on Zoom or Teams calls with this kind of service.

1 Message

1 month ago

i’ve been having the same problem, how do we fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out user_9ay5d7! What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

1 month ago

user_4cnuv0 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

6 Messages

@XfinityVictor​ Message sent

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_4cnuv0 @XfinityVictor 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

6 Messages

@EG​ If we find any solutions I'll put them here

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

@user_4cnuv0 

Thank you !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

1 month ago

I posted on another thread, but you may want to try splitting the bands and dedicate 6g to your computer, put everything else on 5 or 2.4...it seems to have resolved my VPN issue..only been a day, but no drops 

6 Messages

1 month ago

I got a tech appointment to come out and inspect things next week

6 Messages

1 month ago

Latest update: Xfinity tech came out. He upgraded my modem and replaced some bad connectors in one of the electric boxes on site. This sounds like a likely cause and I will be monitoring this week to see if the drops come back

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

Hope things hold up for you. Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

28 days ago

@user_4cnuv0 We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your account. We are glad we were able to resolve the issue you were having with your internet signal randomly dropping. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here