C

11 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 8:42 PM

Internet dropping 2-3 times per day

For the past week and a half my internet has been dropping 2-3 times per day.  Works fine when connected, speeds are fine (926.8 Mbps and I pay for 1200 Mpbs).  It just drops 2-3 times per day , each time for anywhere from 5-20 min.

Would be awesome if I could actually speak to a living human on phone, but all the automated phone system has me do is reboot modem...over and over.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

CGSFlowerchic Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our team and we are happy to help you with these internet concerns. To get stasrted can you please send us a DM with your name and address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@CGSFlowerchic @XfinityJorge 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

11 Messages

@EG​  I did get to chat with an Xfinity rep via Messenger.   According to them Xfinity is working on the "node" and they cannot troubleshoot until after the work is done.  They could not give an Estimate when they would complete said work.

I find it odd that Xfinity has said nothing about "You may experience service interruptions over the next few weeks as we update/upgrade equipment" or something to that effect.

This is also very disrupting as my wife and I are both remote workers...having internet drop 2-3 times per day for the last 2 weeks now is very disrupting.

Is there anyone that can check my local Xfinity and let me know for sure that these interruptions are "work on the node"?  I ask because if it isnt then I suspect I know what it is...we just went thru a Tropical storm and a dead tree broke in half up the road and is laying on the cable line dragging it half way down to the ground from the pole.  But I have no way to report this.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@CGSFlowerchic thanks for bringing this to our attention. We hope you and your loved ones are safe during this time. I also work from home so I can relate to the frustration if I were in your shoes. Our team is happy to investigate your account and provide you with the correct resolution. I see you have already sent us a direct message so we will gather some details and help you in private. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

11 Messages

26 days ago

Well never found out if it truly was "work on the node", and the Tree on the line was reporting by me via DM and a Xfinity rep.  Even sent pictures and map snip to show where the tree was.  As of yesterday 8/23Tree was still on the line, but for the first time in almost 3 weeks the internet connection never dropped.  And so far so good today 8/24 at 4pm.  EDIT: and at 4:10pm.... internet dropped.  NOT FIXED YET.

(edited)

11 Messages

And Sunday 8/25 3 drop outs so far today.  Over 3 weeks of this and it is getting really old.  My wife and I also work remote and this is now impacting our ability to do our jobs.  And honestly all I feel like I have got was the run around. 

I did have an appointment one tech scheduled, but then Xfinity automated systems tested my line (which of course was up at the time), so the "system" canceled the appointment.

I understand wanting to go thru automated systems...but when a customer has an issue like this (as well as my WHOLE STREET)... I should be able to talk to a REAL PERSON, on the phone, and a service appointment should be made and NOT CANCELED by an automated system.

(edited)

11 Messages

24 days ago

Monday 8/26 2 drop outs so far today.  Over 3 weeks and no resolution.

11 Messages

22 days ago

8/27 we had 2 drop outs and 8/28 one so far today....  still no resolution.   I guess we are going for 4 weeks of no action.  If this was my business I would be ashamed at the lack of customer service.

11 Messages

Ok on 8/28 we had two drop outs.  One at 3:22 pm Eastern, and one at 4:33

11 Messages

21 days ago

And on 8/29 Two drop outs so far.  One at 4:15pm and another at 4:34pm.

11 Messages

21 days ago

Same issue here (in Tallahassee area of FL).  I lose connection 2-4 times per day.  Outage lasts anywhere between 5 min to 20 min.  Been going on 4 weeks now.  I did have a DM chat with an Xfinity rep and he set up appointment to have someone come to my house, only to have Xfinity check my connection remotely, see it was up and cancel the appointment.   VERY VERY frustrating.  No kidding..what part of my connection is INTERMITTANT did you not understand.....

11 Messages

18 days ago

Ok Sat 8/31 a Tech did finally come out to my house.  He was approached by 3 of my neighbors on my street all asking what is going on as they are having the same issue.

So hopefully this is going to get sorted out.

11 Messages

16 days ago

And on 9/3 Tuesday I have had 2 drop outs so far.  One at 3:29pm Eastern and one at 5:30pm....

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Thanks for this information and your patience with all of this. The local team is addressing the issue in the area and are working diligently to get this corrected. I am going to check in Friday with any new updates,

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here