P

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 9:35 PM

Intermittent Connection

Hi there. So I've had this new Xfinity XFi modem for quite a while now and my internet connection has been giving me issues for at least a year off and on. What it does is it will randomly drop connection. It does it anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. It's been driving me insane. It makes playing online games pretty difficult because I never know when I might just get disconnected from the game. I don't know if it's a problem with the modem or a cable but I have contacted Xfinity Support a few times regarding the issue and they haven't been able to find the issue. All I've gotten out of that is a free Flex box.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for reaching out, PrestigiousK! Sounds like you could be having some signal issues. I'd like to take a look at the account to see what I can find. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

@PrestigiousK 

Did you get a chance to see if any of those tips apply ? Please reply right here in your topic on these open / public help forums, thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here