CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 7:51 PM

Closed

Hurricane Idalia – Xfinity WiFi Hotspots Opened

We hope everyone is safe following Hurricane Idalia. Getting our customers connected as quickly and as safely as possible is a top priority. We know your services are important to you, so to help you and emergency personnel stay connected, we opened our public Xfinity WiFi hotspots in select areas affected by the storm. Hotspots are free for anyone to use, including non-Xfinity customers. To connect to Xfinity WiFi hotspots, users can:

1. Find an open Xfinity WiFi hotspot at visit xfinity.com/wifi.
    • Xfinity customers can use the Xfinity app to see a map of all open Xfinity WiFi hotspots. (Download the app here.)
  2. Once at a hotspot, customers and non-customers should select xfinitywifi from the list of available WiFi networks and then launch a browser.
  3. Xfinity Internet customers can sign in using their Xfinity ID and password to be automatically connected to Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future. Non-Xfinity customers can connect by clicking the Accept and Connect button. Non-Xfinity customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 12 hours.

For service updates and to sign up for text alerts once your service is restored, use the Xfinity app or go to xfinity.com/myaccount. And stay up to date on our Hurricane #Idalia restoration efforts.

4 Messages

1 year ago

it has been 13 days and 20 miles from where Idalia made landfall I have still yet to get any service from a hotspot or an answer as to how long until my service is restored, despite power having been restored for over a week.

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie How long until I get an ETA?

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

Hey there @850FL ! I would be happy check out your account to see if there is any updated news beyond what may be shown on the app. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here