U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 6:07 PM

Closed

Gigabit x2 Service customer owned equipment,

OK, wondering if someone could point me in the right directions. I've had the Gigabit Extra, 1200 Mbps / 200 (90 or so Max) up for a while and been running good till my router went out, so upgrades were needed. I went ahead and upgraded to a new Mesh system with a approved Xfinity Next Gen Speed Tier modem the Netgear CM3000. This is where its getting confusing, in my account, it clearing shows that the Gigabit x2 Service is available but every time I try to go through the process online, it freezes right after selecting update cart, then click the next button. It doesn't matter which machine, OS or browser I use, so not sure what that is all about. So, I called customer service and have been told a few things, from it's not available in my area, to I can upgrade to the Gigabit x2 plan but only if I use the xFi Advanced Gateway (XB8). I've talked to customer service, I've worked with the Chat system and even had a tech out fixing my slow upload speeds when i upgrades to the CM3000 (was using the wrong config and that has been fixed) tell me it's only not even in Washington state yet. 

If it's not available, then I would think it shouldn't be an option when logged into your account. 

I'm starting to get whiplash being told many things, just want to know.  So, is there a way to find out if it's really available for my house, is there a map or some way to it look it up?

Any help would be would be great, thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

10 days ago

user_DG1054 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

(edited)

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

10 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 days ago

Thanks for taking the time to look at costs, @user_DG1054! We are always happy to help out and are here 7 days a week! Have a nice weekend! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here