U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 2:56 PM

extending wifi 300 feet to a dock

I currently have the XB6 Gateway along with 2 Pods that cover my house and yard. However the signal doesn't reach my dock about 300 feet away. Are there options to extend my current Gateway or do I need to completely switch out to a different router/modem mesh network that will reach further?  thanks!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 months ago

user_4k0s45 Hi there! Would it be possible to add another pod near the dock? 

2 Messages

I could try adding another pod but since the WiFi signal doesn’t reach the dock I don’t think the Pod would be able to connect to the network. All my neighbors have third party mesh networks and have no issues so I may just have to switch out the entire system. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_4k0s45 Thank you so much for the response and we are here to help you. Where is the modem placed in the home, do you say it is centrally placed? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 months ago

This may not work for you, but I had a similar situation. My workshop is about 100' from the back of the house and the wifi wouldn't reach it. I decided to run an underground conduit and pull a Cat 6 cable out and put a wireless access point there. Now I have full wifi out there plus 4 wired ports on the AP. Being it's a dock, you may not have a convenient place to install the AP so it's out of the weather.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here