tvman111's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 2nd, 2021 8:46 PM

Closed

Dish TV and Xfinity XFi

Folks, I've got Dish TV for my TV service and using Xfinity XFi 1.2gig for my internet.  With the Advanced Security, I'm constantly getting messages of IP Reputation attacks on my Dish Hopper 3.  I've contacted Dish about this and they couldn't care less about it nor do they know what this is.  Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening or at least, stop the reporting on this device.  It's the only device on my home network out of 30 devices getting these types of attacks.  Yes, I've got 30 devices.  Everything you buy today has WiFi built-in now.  By the way, I've got my Hopper 3 connected hardwired via a D-Link PowerLine network connection.  IF far more stable for streaming than WiFi, even though my Xfinity gateway is on the opposite side of the wall from my TV.  About 5 feet from each other.  Anyways...  It's annoying seeing this message of the attacks constantly in my Xfinity app on my iPhone and using a web browser to access my Xfinity account.  Dish TV really has no security on their Hoppers and Joey boxes but only my Dish Hopper 3 is the one getting attacked according to the messages.  Is there anything I can do?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for reaching out @tvman111. Sounds like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. generally speaking as far as internet security goes, anti-virus and anti-malware software is device specific. The only thing we could advise on the Comcast side is to check the modem firewall and make sure the settings are good, maybe even making them stricter (although I don't advise that as it could block out some devices from internet access). It does sound like Dish would be the only place to remove these alerts. 

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

3 years ago

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

3 years ago

Also, here is a post about a similar situation: 

https://help.getmonument.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048616073-Xfinity-IP-reputation-attack-messages

You may have to disable UPnP or any port forwarding rules to port 8201 on Xfinity modem. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

NoNoBadPuppy, thanks for the ideas.  I’m a little leary disabling UPnP on my gateway as it may affect other devices.  My issue is ONLY with the Dish Hopper 3.  No other devices have been affected as consistently.  I’ve tried contacting Dish and they not got a clue, nor do they understand the issue.  They keep saying it’s an Xfinity problem and leaves it at that.  I’m just wondering if people are seeing this with a DirecTV DVR?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here