U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, May 8th, 2021 7:00 PM

Closed

2 ip addresses for arriss modem

Good afternoon

My name is Ron.  I have a arris modem. I just updated to 1g speed internet and I'd like to run my router and gaming console on the same Modem, there's 2 ports.  I called Comcast customer service and they seemed lost. Arris informed me to escalate my problem so that why I'm here.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

What is the model number of the Arris device ? 

When you stated this: "I'd like to run my router and gaming console on the same router." did you mean the same *modem* ?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@EG 

Model number SB8200.  Yes I'm sorry. I meant Modem

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

O/k. They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Hello, @user_861ab3! We can absolutely look into this further with you. Please send us a Message by clicking on the Chat Bubble in the upper right corner and searching for Xfinity Support. In the Message, please provide the full name of the Account Owner and yourself, if different, as well as the full address on file. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Ok.  Thanks. The comcast customer service over the phone were no help at all.  

The option is great if I can have access to it.  

Thanks again

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Of course, @user_861ab3! We look forward to working with you!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

So I've looked for the xfinity support option and cannot find it in the area the rep suggested.  Please help

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_861ab3

Click on the pen and paper icon and then in the To: field type in Xfinity Support.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. Are you able to search? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

So when I try to chat it tries to but says this option is not available.  As far as finding the support option the only bubble on the top right of my phone is the blue circle with u in the middle.  I did find a chat option but it wanted me to create a Facebook account 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Ok.  I was finally was able to do it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here