U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jun 19, 2022 3:23 AM

Xfinity stream will no longer be available

Why am I getting a message saying Soon xfinity stream will no longer be available on this tv.......  it's worked fine since I signed up for xfinity stream  7 months ago.  What's changed?

Accepted Solution

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

23.8K Messages

11日前

Why am I getting a message saying Soon xfinity stream will no longer be available on this tv ...

For reference: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-not-supported:

Soon, the Xfinity Stream app won’t work on 2017 Samsung and LG smart TVs

You can still watch using the Xfinity Stream Beta app for Roku, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.

DreamSayerZ

Contributor

• 

189 Messages

15日前

Hmm, now that's interesting...  What is the make/model/year of your TV? Is that all the the message said? Can you post a pic?

Official Employee

• 

803 Messages

14日前

Hey there, @user_4f9b7b, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We will be removing the Xfinity Stream app from 2017 LGs and Samsung TVs. Here is a link with additional information, https://comca.st/3Obst2J. Are you able to verify the current model of your TV? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11日前

So I have a 2017 samsung, once this goes away what's my options?

This will affect 4 of my samsung tvs?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11日前

Could the app still be used through something like firetv to stream on the same TV just using a independent device through HDMI?

DreamSayerZ

Contributor

• 

189 Messages

@user_9a0fb0​ Yes, the app can be used on a Fire TV stick or Roku attached to HDMI no problem.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11日前

Shouldn't we recieve a discount or something.   I was told when I switched to xfinity that ALL smart tvs would work without boxes or firesticks etc...  now that you have changed this Shouldn't something be done to make it right?

Official Employee

• 

328 Messages

@user_4f9b7b As time goes on technology advances more and more. The 2017 models do not support newer web browsers or newer app versions. That would be a hardware issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yet Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and all major streaming technology does support. What a joke you are not that advanced.... 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

classic, This is ridiculous, no notice nothing! And very true all other streaming works!! I personally cannot wait

until there are other options on my area besides xfinity!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here