U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 19th, 2024 11:17 PM

Xfinity Stream suddenly missing local channels such as ABC and NBC on an Amazon Fire TV

My Xfinity Stream app suddenly has lost access to local channels such as ABC and NBC ( maybe more ) on an Amazon Fire TV.  These channels have always been available on this TV before but now are gone for some reason.  If I try to click on them, I get a message "Please connect to your in-home WiFi".  This only happens on this one TV.  The local channels all come up fine on the app on my other TV's, my PC, and Android phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.  I cannot understand why this is suddenly happening.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 months ago

Thank you for your detailed post including the error message you have received while using the Xfinity Steam app on your Amazon Fire TV, @user_bd2930. That error message indicates your TV isn't connected to your Xfinity home Wi-Fi network which would impact the available programs. Can you double-check your network setting on that TV to ensure you're connected to your in-home network? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I'm not sure if you are understanding the question I'm asking.  I'm using the Xfinity Stream app on an Amazon Fire TV that is connected with WiFi Internet.  The tv does not need to be connected to an Xfinity home wi-fi network.  I'm logged into my Xfinity account on the Stream app on the tv.  It should show my local tv channels which it has done in the past but now does not for some reason.  Again, it is only affecting this one tv.  Is there a way to get the app refreshed or something?  This is quite frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

user_bd2930 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ I have the same issue.  Could this be related to my network having an access point?  I think my FireTV was connected to the main router, but I recently installed a new modem.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Are you still having the same issues, pixais?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@user_bd2930​ was there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue on my Fire TV (all other devices work on the same internet connection). Xfinity has been useless in even trying to understand the issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

My NBC channel 804 has been pixilating constantly for several weeks now and getting worse. It is the ONLY channel doing this. Why?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@bw68 - This is not the experience we want for anyone! Is this issue isolated to one TV? If using an HDMI cable swapping it out for a new one might help. Also, trying different ports on your TV may do the trick too. For example, if your HDMI has been plugged into HDMI 1, try HDMI 2, and be sure to toggle the input to match. 

(edited)

7 Messages

This is also a problem when streaming the app on my ipad so there is no HDMI cable to swap out. It is also across all my fire sticks.

1 Message

I also been having the same problem with my xfinity stream for the last 3 Days I would really like to see a resolution/solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_e58rjs, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Let us know if you are still having issues with this, we would be happy to assist you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the exact same issue on my Xfinity Stream using a fire stick to access the app.  It started 2 days ago.  I can not see CBS, ABC or local FOX stations.  I access the app on my phone on same modem connection and see all the channels correctly.  This obviously a system issue based on number of users with same issue.

3 Messages

2 months ago

I began having this issue a few days back, certain channels not being available on the xfinity streaming app (SNY, CW, etc.) that have always been available.  I am also getting the message "Please connect to your in-home WiFi"  This is only happenning on the app.  I openned a ticket last night via chat and the rep stated it was fixed and would take effect in a few minutes.  12 hours later, no change.  Please help.  This is a huge inconvience. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_ff8ptj

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue. When I try to use the Xfinity Stream app on my T.V., I get the following message "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi." I can get local T.V. on my smart phone and desktop, but not the T.V. I've spent hours on the phone with representatives. I have a Roku Ultra and a Sony T.V., and I am told that both are compatible. I few days back, I was told it was an IP address issue and had an appointment with a technician to fix the problem. However, today I received a call from an Xfinity rep. She told me that I need to have a Xumo box in addition to a Roku box. She cancelled my appointment., but but after I got off the phone, I found conflicting information about needing a Xumo box in addition to a Roku. So frustrating! 

2 Messages

Right after I sent this message, I figured out the problem! I live in a condo complex, which uses another internet service provider. All my devices were connected to this provider, even though I have Xfinity wifi. I changed my T.V. to Xfinity wifi (which I thought I was already using, but wasn't). I think the problem is fixed!!  

2 Messages

2 months ago

Has there been any resolution to this issue? The Xfinity website indicates that even when out of your home area, the local ABC/NBC stations should be available but I always get the “you need to be connected to your home WiFi” error. I tried going to an Xfinity store for help but they didn’t know what was happening and the chat through the app seems to be an AI robot that can’t help. 

4 Messages

@user_ygntnq​ It's all bull.

1 Message

1 month ago

8/29/24 The same exact issue is happening to me now with local channels CBS, ABC, and FOX. Yesterday they were all there & fine and as of today they are no longer there or accessible. Also get the ‘need to connect to your in-home Wi-Fi’ message when trying to watch them. What would cause the sudden change? Please fix.

1 Message

As of 8/30 I'm having tge same issue with ABC, CBS & Fox. I called Xfinity & no one seems to know what's going on they said they put a note in for me to the networks to have them give access but do nothing else. Please fix this issue as I never had this problem before with these channels 

4 Messages

I am no longer able to Xfinity stream ABC or CBS away from home for the last 2 days on my phone or other devises . I’m getting messages like not hooked up to home wifi or I don’t have a subscription. 

1 Message

@user_60rra4​ having the same exact issue. Didn’t have that issue last week when streaming abc, fox, etc….

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_60rra4 I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, I know how frustrating this experience is for you. Since it's been a few days since you last posted, are you still experiencing trouble with your service? If so please don't hesitate to reach back out, so we can assist you further.-Richard

7 Messages

I am also having the same problem with not being able to stream abc, cbs and fox ( possibly other stations I haven’t tried) on my devices. The message I get is the same as others complaining - either need to connect to in home WiFi or this is not on your subscription. It was fine 2 days ago! Any assistance is appreciated 

1 Message

1 month ago

The ABC channel just does not show in the channel listing's on fire tv or my tablet. Add me to the list on problem customers. 

3 Messages

Customer Service re-synced my service to recognize all devices.

7 Messages

How’d did you get them to do that?

3 Messages

I just talked to Xfinity advanced technical support.  It's a known system wide problem and estimated resolution is Sept. 4.  Many channels are out, including ABC, CBS, and Fox.  I got a big credit for the loss of service and hassle of trying to get status.  The phone number for technical support is 800-266-2278.  Do not call the Xfinity main number or online assistant.  You will get a credit only if you ask for it.  Of course, Xfinity is not disclosing this situation to its customers.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_hspalq what troubleshooting steps have you taken with your Firestick and network connection? 

1 Message

1 month ago

Same here. CBS not coming in. Saying connect to the internet, when I clearly already am. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_ae9fsz. If you are still having issues with the local channels on the stream app we can troubleshoot that for you from here and submit an escalation to the advanced repair team that is working on that problem Send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service, and we can assist you further. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue with ABC and Fox. There are football games on the schedule that are also broadcast on espn+. I believe they are blocking those channels deluxe to the program. This is not acceptable since I pay for my local channels to be on the stream and I am within those local channels broadcast range. Might be time to cut cable. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_174791If you are still experiencing issues at this time please send us a direct message with your full name and service address for further assistance. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

1 Message

1 month ago

Did anyone get an explanation? I’m having the same issues with ABC, CBS & FOX. it probably has to do with College football being on yesterday 8/31 however it’s still not working today 9/1. 

3 Messages

I am having the same exact issue. no fix yet

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_owk7th Some have found their device wasn't connected to the home WiFi, but after connecting it the issue was fixed. Have you checked the WiFi the device is showing connected to, and confirmed it is the in home WiFi? Hotspot access doesn't count as in home WiFi. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am connected to Home wifi , still am not given ABC CBS NBC when streaming with my on Demand

Official Employee

• 

558 Messages

@user_bdf421 Good afternoon, thanks for posting to the community. We appreciate it, and are happy you thought of us to assist. Count on us like the Xfinity Assistant. It is the best resource to manage the account and service online when we are not available. It is my favorite as I can check the service health, and also reboot the wifi for dinner time. That ensures the kids come to eat, and that makes me very happy. Here is a link that I found for you to make it easy to use https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/. Are all the channels working again?

2 Messages

1 month ago

Still having this issue and it’s impossible to get in touch with anyone at Xfinity to resolve the problem. It’s has been MONTHS and no resolution. 

4 Messages

1 month ago

Same issue with only abc and cbs started 8/29. Same exact messages with Amazon fire stick 

4 Messages

Still not able to stream ABC or CBS on any device . Talked to Xfinity which was not an easy task , they finally admitted many calls with the same issue and their tech people were working on it . If my company had tech people that took this long to resolve an issue , they would be fired . Find an intelligent tech person and reimburse us! I’m thinking seriously of switching - it’s too frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_6sna3q my apologies for the frustration. We can open a ticket for you to have our advanced repair team have a look, so this issue is documented, and any resolution is made available. To proceed could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the very same problem. CBS and 2 ABC stations (at least) disappeared from the TV GO options this past weekend. When I removed the TV GO filter and tried to use them, I got the home WI-FI error. Today, one ABC station appears but says it's not part of my subscription, whatever that means. This same issue happened on our Fire TV, Firestick and iphone.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jebrika Our engineering team is aware of the issue, and is working toward a solution. Thank you for your patience! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​  I thought we were getting closer to a solution this weekend. If I signed out then back in, the stations were available, but I had to do it each time I turned on the TV. Then as of yesterday, the stations were gone again. 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the same issue. No access to Fox, ABC, CBS (and probably other channels) when using Xfinity Stream but connected to the Internet not using my home my network. Spent over 1 hr with customer support yesterday and the issue is still not fixed. Please explain what is going on, obviously this issue is not limited to a few systems. I am seeing it on Amazon Fire, iPhone, and iPad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_q3mrzx Are you noticing the same issue if you use the Xfinity Stream site (xfinity.com/stream)?

2 Messages

Yes, I am still (9/5/24 @ 4:45 PM) seeing the issue on xfinity.com/stream. I tried Fox, ABC, and CBS. If I am connected to my home network it works just fine, but when I am using a different network I get the message:

Please connect to your home WiFi network

Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi.

Why is it taking so long to fix this issue? it looks to me like a wrong configuration, or perhaps contractual issues (the message above mentions "licensing agreements")  between Xfinity and some broadcast channels (Fox, ABC, CBS)?

1 Message

1 month ago

Same issue- was previously able to watch ABC Streaming on my iPhone & then the next day -either 8/29/24 or 8/28/24, could not & got an error message stating to connect to my home WiFi.  Makes no sense that something could change midweek… 

9/2/2024. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, user_4kim6x and thread! We appreciate all the troubleshooting steps, so we can get the channels working once again. This is now a known issue that our teams are working to fix. We will keep an eye on this and update the thread when it has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in the meantime while we get the stations working on the go again.  

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

Hi, XfinityRay - it’s been 16 days since you replied that the absence of network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) is a known issue and that ‘teams’ are working to fix it. Has there been progress on this issue? Did I miss an updated post with a solution? Thanks.

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same problem with it asking me to connect to my home wifi. 

I've been using the Xfinity Stream app since beta test. Never any problems getting my local networks cbs, NBC, fox, ABC. Now I get the error message for all of them. I spent hours on the phone over Labor Day weekend with 1st level tech contacts, and advanced level techs. We did refresh, reboots, uninstall, install, etc. It's now Monday evening and it's still the same story. I've been a customer for over 40 years and it may be time to pull the plug on Xfinity. 

1 Message

I found if you clear the cache you can get the ABCstation on the TV Go Channels. A couple of problems though. The ABC station will  appears alt different positions in the channel listing so you have to scroll through the channels to find it and if you switch to other channels or turn off your set ABC disappears once again and you have to clear the cache once again. I don't have a problem with NBC but it probably works for it as well.This can be frustrating but not nearly as frustrating as dealing with Comcast/Xfinity with keeps responding with ridiculous answests that have nothing to do with your problem. [Edited: All Caps]

Good luck and don't shoot your TV. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_5dg0dy I'm sorry to hear about your Xfinity Stream App issues when accessing the local networks. Did we open a ticket on Monday by chance? 

1 Message

@user_5dg0dy​ I agree. It may be time for me to pull away from Xfinity too. There's always a technical issue going on with all their product lines.

7 Messages

1 month ago

I spoke to a few others who are having the same issue. Has to be a glitch in the streaming app. Techs you get contacting Xfinity have no clue. Yes, it may be time for us to cut the cord if the can’t fix this quickly!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same problem with the Stream app @user_u59muo and that you are not able to stream ABC, CBS or Fox on your devices. We understand your frustrations and assure you our team is here to help! To confirm, are you connected to your in-home network? May I also confirm what type of device you are using and if you are experiencing this issue on any other devices? Do you get the same error message if you try streaming through our website at xfinity.com/stream?

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

We have never had to be on the local network while using a phone or tablet. It is always cellular data. 
i just tried the website and it gave me an error that i had to use the app to watch my local CBS station. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same here. Lost CBS and ABC on Xfinity Stream.  Been going on for 3 or 4 days.  

4 Messages

9/7/24 Been having the same issue with abc and cbs for a week or so now. Came home tonight and had both back. Watched some things on max then when I went to look for abc and cbs they were both gone again. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here