U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 19th, 2024 11:17 PM

Xfinity Stream suddenly missing local channels such as ABC and NBC on an Amazon Fire TV

My Xfinity Stream app suddenly has lost access to local channels such as ABC and NBC ( maybe more ) on an Amazon Fire TV.  These channels have always been available on this TV before but now are gone for some reason.  If I try to click on them, I get a message "Please connect to your in-home WiFi".  This only happens on this one TV.  The local channels all come up fine on the app on my other TV's, my PC, and Android phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.  I cannot understand why this is suddenly happening.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for your detailed post including the error message you have received while using the Xfinity Steam app on your Amazon Fire TV, @user_bd2930. That error message indicates your TV isn't connected to your Xfinity home Wi-Fi network which would impact the available programs. Can you double-check your network setting on that TV to ensure you're connected to your in-home network? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm not sure if you are understanding the question I'm asking.  I'm using the Xfinity Stream app on an Amazon Fire TV that is connected with WiFi Internet.  The tv does not need to be connected to an Xfinity home wi-fi network.  I'm logged into my Xfinity account on the Stream app on the tv.  It should show my local tv channels which it has done in the past but now does not for some reason.  Again, it is only affecting this one tv.  Is there a way to get the app refreshed or something?  This is quite frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

user_bd2930 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ I have the same issue.  Could this be related to my network having an access point?  I think my FireTV was connected to the main router, but I recently installed a new modem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Are you still having the same issues, pixais?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@user_bd2930​ was there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue on my Fire TV (all other devices work on the same internet connection). Xfinity has been useless in even trying to understand the issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 days ago

My NBC channel 804 has been pixilating constantly for several weeks now and getting worse. It is the ONLY channel doing this. Why?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

bwatts68 - This is not the experience we want for anyone! Is this issue isolated to one TV? If using an HDMI cable swapping it out for a new one might help. Also, trying different ports on your TV may do the trick too. For example, if your HDMI has been plugged into HDMI 1, try HDMI 2, and be sure to toggle the input to match. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here