ClifraJ's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 28th, 2023 6:28 PM

Closed

xfinity stream on roku broken

So here we are again, this app is broken.

Last night the stream app just closes every time you open it on Roku!

Remove the app, re-add it same behavior! Still broken today!

This is unacceptable! We put up with months of sound getting out of sync and now this. 

You guys need to hire professional dev team to fix this mess!

We buy smart TVs so we can use them, why should we have to rent a box when this app is available! It is obvious you don't care because you would rather make money renting set top boxes.

It's bad enough I can't ever talk to a human on the phone, there is nowhere on you web site I can request an upgrade to my internet router, which is 7 years old and having issues. So, I guess I have to drive to the Xfinity store to and see if they can help.

We pay a lot for this service, frankly it is getting to where it may not be worth it. Honestly, AT&T 1G fiber for $80.00/mo and Fubo TV is starting to sound a lot more appealing. As much as I hate AT&T it just might be more worth it!

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

All,

Thank you for posting your concerns here in our Xfinity Forum. We have identified an issue impacting the Xfinity Stream app on Roku devices and our team has implemented a solution. We are asking all impacted customers to restart their Roku device and retry. If you continue to experience this issue or have any additional questions, please let us know here. We appreciate your patience as we worked to find a resolution.

3 Messages

Mines not working how about just put up a solution up to fix it 

1 Message

Mines not working . Did all the steps not working 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ unplugged the Roku.  Didn’t resolve the issue

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ idid all same steps and it doesnt work. what next?

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ I tried that last night and it didn’t work. Also deleted app and reloaded… still nothing!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue.  Also about 30 minutes ago (when you posted this).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

The app works fine on my phone and my PC; just not on roku.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue. App stopped working about 2.5 hrs ago. Spent 30 minutes messaging with customer service and then was disconnected. So freakin frustrating. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Today, I tried to use my Xfinity Streaming app. I use it daily to watch some of my favorite shows, weather, news, etc. however when I tried to boot up the App it began "initializing" then it returned me back to the Main Menu. I checked the XS app if it had any updates, it was up-to-date. I tried restarting the entire Roku / TV, unfortunately no fix. I checked if my connection was connected, stable and all other concurrent Apps were working properly. 

Please help or refer to me what steps I need to take to fix. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Streaming App not working on Roku

2 Messages

I have the same issue here in Detroit area

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for posting your concerns here in our Xfinity Forum @Rafael_G. We have identified an issue impacting the Xfinity Stream app on Roku devices and our team has implemented a solution. We are asking all impacted customers to restart their Roku devices and retry. If you continue to experience this issue or have any additional questions please let us know here. Thank you so much for your patience as we worked to find a resolution.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, @user_524611 I hope your having a fantastic weekend! Are you still experiencing issues the Xfinity Stream App?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

My Roku was working fine last night but this morning none of my Roku TV's can connect.  My ipad and phone work but not my tv's.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here. All Roku apps working normally except Xfinity Stream which today stopped working. 

2 Messages

Just to note, this is happening on two different Roku boxes in different rooms. One is wifi and the other is ethernet connected. No internet or TV issues showing on the Xfinity support site and no problems with anything except the Xfinity Streaming app. All worked normally yesterday.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

same issue here in GA. roku streaming devices, launch xfinity stream, it tries but quickly returns to the main menu. crappy....

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey, @Buddha49. Thanks for commenting to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue. Did you try rebooting your device to see if that helps? How about uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve rebooted the Roku - same issue. I also uninstalled the Stream app and reinstalled it. Same issue.  This happens every time there’s a Roku version update. The Stream Dev team needs to get it together and keep up. More and more competition is brewing with more fiber providers dropping lines. You all are going to lose a lot more customers if this is going to be your normal operation. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here, Massachusetts. I'm sick of this terrible app, wakes my wife and I up all the time because the sound suddenly increases 10x whenever it feels like it. Now, I can't even use it, laughable how bad this app is.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Tried all the steps and nothing working. Xfinity app continues to crash

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m getting this same issue. Not only did I uninstall/reboot modem/reinstall about fifteen times, I did a full factory reset on the Roku and still have the issues. It was working fine at about 5:30 tonight and has been down for at least 2 hours tonight.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here..it goes as far as live tv for a split second and then goes back to Home Screen. Tried restarting Roku and removing/readding streaming app. Same issue..a bug.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here in Chicago area

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here. App doesn’t work on Roku. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here. Restarted, reinstalled, unplugged. Nothing worked.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same as above. Did all the main troubleshooting. Was watching earlier on Amazon fire tv but two separate roku devices not working. Xfinity initializes, hit live tv quickly and it crashes. 

7 Messages

Same problem here in Graham, Wa.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

XFinity Fix This!! Your reported fix from a month ago where you identified an issue does not bring the app back to a functioning state on Roku devices. I have 4 Roku devices have reset all this morning 11/02/2023 No change. XFinity Stream attempts to open flashes XFinity Home Screen for a second then goes back to Roku Home. Like others here phone app and web work. Unhappy in Nee Hampshire!! I want a credit 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here