U

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 2:48 PM

Xfinity Stream Error Message TVAPP 00116

I am getting the above error message on all my connected TVs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app on all TVs with no success. Need help.

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm having the same issue. On the line with a agent right now, who's claiming my Roku isn't compatible with the app. Funny since it was fine yesterday

5 Messages

I was watching a program on the app yesterday and when I went to another channel, I started getting this error message. 

5 Messages

@user_9gh2w9​ Did the agent offer any solutions? 

Official Employee

• 

730 Messages

Hey there, user_9gh2w9! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear about the troubles the with Stream App and the Roku device. Were you able to get it resolved with troubleshooting or are you still having troubles?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

2 months ago

I use it on my pc and it says it can't show my recordings.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@hevy thanks for letting us know. Our team is happy to help you troubleshoot. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

thank you for finally explaining how to get to 'direct messaging'. i sent a message concerning this widespread problem with xfinity streaming app.....what next?  will someone contact me or notify me when i get a response? xfinity should be telling everyone what's going on and what if any progress is being made.  this kind of a big deal.  it's not an individual problem.....it's affecting many, many people.  so again, what do i do now????

5 Messages

@user_4km52s​ I sent a direct message on Saturday, and received no response. However, when I commented on your earlier post today about dropping Comcast and going with Fubo, I got a response soon after. The issue was resolved after over 3 hours of messaging with the customer service people. Good luck! 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @user_4km52s! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the Xfinity Stream app and the error TVAPP-00116. We can certainly have a look into this and see what's going on. We see that you have already sent us a DM. Please keep in mind that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum is a violation of Forum Guidelines. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. However, since you already sent your information in a DM, we will continue to assist you through there.

2 Messages

2 months ago

i'm having the same problem with 3 streaming tvs using roku 4k streaming stick.  started yesterday, 7-27-24 about noon.  everything worked great until today....error tvapp-00116 (problem with streaming, cannot play this video).  like others i have tried everything with no success.  i tried getting through to phone support for hours.  they absolutely would not let me talk to a rep.  recording on the phone offered to have an agent call me back, gave my number, and then they said they could not help me and hung up.  online they also offered to have an agent call me back, confirmed my number and then hung up again.  something is really messed up with this app and they appear to be overwhelmed in support. i tried redoing all support suggestions minutes ago, but it's still not working.  why aren't they admitting there's a real problem with the app and letting us know what's going on? was it a bad update like crowd strike?  i've had good service from xfinity up until now even though this app has been problematic from the start. all my other streaming apps work fine. how can a company like comcast not build a decent and reliable streaming app?  might be time to look for a new provider. 

(edited)

5 Messages

@user_4km52s​ I wholeheartedly agree with you…why doesn’t Xfinity just admit there’s a problem with the app? For the amount of money we spend every month, you’d think they would have a much better customer service reps. My next step is going to our nearest Xfinity store and speak to someone face-to-face. If I get no satisfaction, I’m going to be cutting the cable and going with Fubo for streaming. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_bdvyiy, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here