U

Monday, December 11th, 2023 1:34 PM

Closed

xfinity app not working on roku

The xfinity app is not working on roku. This keeps happening. I restart the network and the TV and the same issues. I pay a lot of money for this to always be broken.

8 Messages

10 months ago

Mine isn't either. Just stopped working today. Service was done in my neighborhood and I'm wondering if that is some how connected to the issue.

8 Messages

TVAPP-00287 is the error code u an receiving

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

10 months ago

Hi there @user_55sc8u ! Thanks for reaching out about the app not working on Roku for you. Can you provide details on what you are experiencing and any error messages? As a preliminary step, please make sure that you have the latest updates for the Roku and the Stream App to see if that alleviates the issue. Thanks!

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ the xfinity app for the Ruku tv is up today. There are no error messages.It worked yesterday and stop working again today. I am paying far too much for to be only app on the TV that has this issue .

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_55sc8u Thank you so much for the response, and we are sorry to hear about the continued issues. When it does not work what do you see on your screen?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

10 months ago

Mine is also not working. When I select the stream app on my roku stick (brand new), it opens but the best way I can explain it is it freezes. The remote can't search within the app, it is completely unresponsive. Just started last night. I can use the stream app on my phone and stream to ROKU, but that is the only way I can watch. I've only had stream now for a few weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Hey there, @user_u6000b! I am sorry to hear about the troubles with the Roku device, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. Just to ensure we have covered everything, did you ensure all the apps are up to date? Did you uninstall and install the Xfinity App again?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

10 months ago

Mine hasn’t worked correctly for 5 months now, but they keep billing me for it!  Now they want me to pay for a box instead of fixing their problem.  AVOID XFINITY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 months ago

I lost use of the stream app on all my devices four days ago. I could watch on cellular, but not on my home network. A tech showed up and after about two hours of head scratching and trying to figure out why I was getting internet but no TV service through the stream app, he decided to disconnect my Netgear CM600 router and connect a new Xfinity router. Finally, I had TV service again on all my devices. Go to find out through a rep on Reddit that was following up with me, he told me my modem was end of life. I went to Xfinity website to look at compatible modems and no longer see my modem. I had no idea this was about to happen, but had been waiting for the day that it finally failed me and I wasn't able to get internet or anything. For the next week, I will have to rent the Xfinity modem until my Arris S33 gets here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here