C

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 3:47 PM

Closed

Why is this thread closed? Still a problem!

As of June 1, 2023 this is still a problem.

Therefore previous threads addressing this problem should NOT be closed. 

Stream app on older iPad wants to update but iPad not compatible with latest OS. Have to repeat this process every two days:

1. Uninstall existing app

2. Reinstall app from cloud icon in which states current version not compatible and can download latest working version.

3. Install latest working version; which works. 

Repeat process when app decides to forget it cannot update.

Re open this previous thread for comment Immediately. And stop trying to update your app on older iPads. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/not-able-to-download-ios-130-on-my-older-ipad-not-able-to-access-xfinity-streaming-app/6375ac65384cbc5bcf9cfe58

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityAirelle wrote: "... the issue is not with our application or services ... there is nothing we can do to remedy this issue ..."

There is absolutely an issue Comcast's app: it's insisting the user to do something that is not possible. And Comcast could absolutely remedy the issue: the Stream app could detect that the device is already running the latest OS it can support, skip the impossible-to-execute "update your OS" step, and just start running instead of forcing the user through an absurd uninstall/reinstall process.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out again. Since the issue is not with our application or services, but the iPad being outdated, there is nothing we can do to remedy this issue. You will need to contact Apple or upgrade your device. Thank you! 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ 

Your answer directly conflicts with the message your app just generated. So now I have to uninstall your app and reinstall the 100% functional previous version until your app decides to force updates. As you can see, the message framed in black is generated by Xfinity. Square corners. All black. Not an Apple error message. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ 

Here is the process.

1. Delete app

2. Reinstall previous app 

3. Repeat process every 2 or 3 DAYS.

As you can see these messages are generated by Apple. Rounded corners. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

Back to square one (Name Blame). Good luck with your problem.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Just so we can document this problem fully; it did it again today Friday June 9, 2023. As noted above it does this Every few days. I have disabled app auto update in the iPad. 

From Apple forum regarding this issue:

"The third-party App Developer determines the minimum iOS version that their App will support - not Apple."

The first screen shot error is generated by the Xfinity stream app.

The second screet shot is generated by the Apple App store app.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Honestly, you just have to change the logic that generates the black box to 'x' out instead of forcing the update.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here