Superman1975's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2023 2:28 AM

Closed

Unable to Retrieve Recordings error message!

All of a sudden when I go to watch my DVR recordings on either "xfinity.com/stream/recordings" web site or on my android devices using the xfinity stream app I am getting the following error message "Unable to Retrieve Recordings".

And none of my recordings are showing.

However all the recordings are showing on my 4K XG1V4 DVR Box.

Also On Demand is not working on web site or Xfinity Stream app.

The first time I noticed this issue was earlier today.

I would like this fixed please!!!

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

1 year ago

Can someone from Comcast please tell us what is going on with this issue?

It seems more then just me is having this issue.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Superman1975 we definitley want to ensure that you can have access to all of your recordings, so we are here to help! I am not seeing any known issues are activate for this. Do you not have access to all of your recording across all of your online profiles, or have you noticed only certain profiles are missing the recordings? Does everything else with the stream app / website function without issue?

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ That is correct I can not access any of my recordings with all profiles.

Also yes everything else works as it should on the Xfinity Stream App and web site.

"Scheduled" recordings do show however.

I get a message that just says

"Unable to Retrieve Recordings".

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Thank you for sending that screenshot, that is very helpful for us to see @Superman1975! I know you mentioned this is happening on more than one device, however, have you done any troubleshooting on atleast one of the devices? Things like signing out of your account, clearing cache and cookies, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, etc.? If not, I would recommend giving that a try on atleast one device to see if there is any change!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

Also On Demand does not seem to work either.

I have signed out and also uninstalled the Xfinity Stream app and same issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

Another user here has the exact same issues as me

‎Unable to Retrieve Recordings | Xfinity Community Forum

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

I appreciate the update and sharing that additional information @Superman1975! Can you go into detail on exactly what issue you are running into with On Demand?

Since you did mention the recordings are working on your DVR, I would like to sync the DVR with your X1 service in hopes of updating what you see via Xfinity Stream. Can you try these steps on your DVR box:

1. Click the XFINITY button on your remote and select on Settings (Gear Icon)
2. Select Device Settings
3. Scroll to last option and click on Sync DVR
4. Click on Sync DVR Now from the pop-up

I would then log out of your online account and then log back in to test if you can access your recordings. Please let me know once you've had a chance to test and the results!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Did you get the issue resolved?  I'm having the same problem with my Roku and Android apps.  Recordings only show up on my cable box.  I've tried everything.

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@Brocks_Mom​ Not yet :(

3 Messages

1 year ago

now labor day after 3pm. have not been able to retrieve recordings on either of our laptops all day (one win10, the other win11).  some of yesterday's recordings show when using iphone xr, but seems frozen at between 7 and 8 pm yesterday (several programs from that time period show on iPhone as currently being recorded).  get "playback issue" message when attempting to watch recordings.  tried "Sync DVR" suggestion, but still no luck on any non-DVR devices.  can watch recorded programs on DVR only.  very inconvenient today!!    ????  

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I chatted with an agent last night.  They said they fixed it and to sign out, restart my phone and sign back in.  It did nothing.  So they said they reprovisioned my devices, nope, still doesn't work.  And in addition to it not accessing the recordings, I also cannot search for a program.  If I click on the search result, I get an error that says, "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  Please check back later."

(edited)

4 Messages

1 year ago

the problem persists.   it is like xfinity does not care.    

2 Messages

1 year ago

Omg I feel better that I’m not the only one Haven’t  been able to retrieve recordings in like a week on my tablet and phone 2 agents haven’t helped only refresh my system which didnt resolve issue. Next I’m going to ask to speak to a supervisor 

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@user_78ae27​ Yep been about a week here as well since not being able to access my DVR Recordings from my internet devices.

No On Demand either on any internet devices.

I guess the good news is it is happening to a lot of us which should mean Comcast should really want to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I chatted with an agent again.  They tried to say I did not have dvr service.  I said it's included in my package.  Then they tried to say my contract is up next month (no, November '24).  I reiterated my dvr itself works fine and I had no issues with streaming a DVR recording until recently.  I was finally able to get a ticket placed.  So we'll see what happens.

(edited)

2 Messages

What’s a ticket placed? I need to do that too then

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@user_78ae27​ Click on the "Direct Messaging" icon top right of the page first icon.

And then click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to send them a message.

Give them your full name and address

Also you may want to link them to this forum to see us talking about the issue.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Brocks_Mom Thanks for sharing your experience. Please let us know how that ticket goes. We'll be here for more assistance. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

1 year ago

I am also having DVR playback issues for my recordings from the Xfinity Stream App on my Roku stick.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_5454fe Thank you so much for letting us know you are also encountering issues with your DVR recordings when using the Stream app. If you are still running into the issue could you please let us know if you have already used the troubleshooting listed above? What error codes or messages are you running into once playback has started? Is this on all your DVR recordings you are running into the issue with?  

(Edited @tag)

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I am so beyond frustrated.  I have not heard back on my ticket.  I had been communicating with an agent through Twitter dm and it's a lost cause.  They ask if I've contacted Roku customer service.  I said no because it's my Android too!  Then they tried to say I was not logged in as primary user.  I said I'm the only user on this account.  They said they refreshed my devices.  They said to clear my cookies.  Now they want me to delete and reinstall my app.  Umm no.  I've already done that and if you haven't released a new update, I'm not reinstalling it.  They just don't get it!!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello All! I am sorry to hear you're also experiencing similar issues. My team would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this with you on our end. Please send us a Direct Message to better assist. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

I have a Ticket opened as well and I am still waiting for answers.

I want to know what caused this and when will it be fixed?????????????????

I did all the usually stuff Comcast tells you to do.

Log out, Log Back in, Uninstall App, Delete cookies, Reboot Modem, Reboot DVR Boxes and so on NOTHING WORKS!!!!

This issue is on Comcast Network and nothing we do in our homes will fix this.

Comcast needs to fix this on their end!!!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

MINE IS FIXED, MAGICALLY.  What about everyone else???

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Glad to hear it! 

31 Messages

Mine too. Thank you Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

• 

33 Messages

Fixed over here too :)

All DVR Recordings and On Demand working on all internet devices.

Looks like it got fixed right around 12PM ET or so.

Thanks Comcast for getting this fixed!

(edited)

4 Messages

1 year ago

hallelujah    the problem resolved!!!!    there is joy in mudville

1 Message

1 year ago

Same with mine. Magically fixed. 

1 Message

8 months ago

Happens to me go to play several different movies, quits after a few  minutes  and I get code stating can't play recording at this time 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here