U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 25, 2022 12:21 AM

Streaming does not work on Windows PC

Streaming is not working on my Windows 10 PC with Chrome (or Edge).  I have seen lots of questions about this on the internet and the only solution I've seen offered is to purge internet files and cookies.  I have tried that numerous times and it is not working for me.  Oddly enough, my streaming was working perfectly UNTIL I purged my internet files and cookies for an unrelated reason.  Since then, no luck -- the streaming page will not load.  Well 1 time it did when I used incognito mode.  But that only worked once.

Please give me some other option besides purging internet files and cookies.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

448 Messages

4 m ago

Hello @user_a8a999! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. That is a tough one, have you tried other browsers yet? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Yes, I have tried Chrome, Edge and I just get a black screen with Xfinity and three dots flashing dots when I go to xfinity.com/stream.  I tried Firefox and actually got to the streaming site, but I get this error when I attempt to watch a show.

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming MLB Baseball - Detroit Tigers at Houston Astros.

(Error TVAPP-00277)

Official Employee

• 

448 Messages

Gotcha! Can you try this link https://comca.st/3skZxMM just click on it and select "Watch Online". Please let me know what happens. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

When I go to that address, I have an option to download an app or watch on-line.  When I click watch on-line it directs me to another address, and.....

Chrome - black screen with "Xfinity" and three dots flashing dots

Edge - black screen with "Xfinity" and three dots flashing dots

Firefox -- It works!  

I exited out and came back in again and it worked a second time.  So for now, it appears that streaming is working for me through Firefox.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ 

I've tried everything and all I get is the three dots............ 

Used to work flawlessly until a couple weeks ago.  Nothing has changed on my end to cause this issue.

With the monthly cost of Xfinity you should provide a solid resolution - not try other browsers, clear cache, etc. 

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

@jimmyd13  Honestly those troubleshooting steps do fix most technical issues before having to dig any deeper. That's why we always like to start there. I can assure you if your issue is still ongoing, we will continue to work on finding a solution. You may have done this already, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here