U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 3rd, 2022 12:47 AM

Closed

Sound constantly breaking down

Using the Xfinity Stream App on Roku. The sound will all of sudden just crackle then drop, sound robotic, sound like it is going through a fan. If I back out go to the menu and come back to the show the sound is great. FOR THE TIME BEING. Already did diagnostics with Roku. No issues with sound or buffering (oh, constant buffering with your app) on any other app or streaming service. The speed to Roku is Excellent over 110 mbps average so there shouldn't be issues with buffering with sound. So what is the issue before I make a decision to drop Xfinity TV service. AND NO IT ISN'T THE WEBSITE IT IS THE ROKU APP

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_bc7d4a and thank you for reaching out about the issue with your Roku Xfinity Streaming App. I know if I was having any issues with my streaming app I would be frustrated and looking for help too. We are here and happy to help you. Besides going to the menu and back in have you done any other troubleshooting such as look for updates on the app, deleted the app then redownloaded it? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ I have updated the app. I have removed the app. Restarted the Roku. Then added the App again. I have done everything I can do on my end before having to contact Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We are.having the same issues.  Only with the Xfinity app.  All other Roku apps are working fine.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue. Started about a week ago. Roku Ultra connected via Ethernet with XFinity Stream app. I have tried updating the app and also uninstalling and re-installing the app. This only happens with the XFInity Stream app. No other apps on my Roku have sound issues.

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

@user_6c2536

I noticed that you've mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling the app and making sure your platforms are up to date, which is perfect! Have you also already attempted to reboot your modem and ensure your coax to your modem is secure? Since the Stream app is an internet-based app, this issue could be the result of an issue in your internet connection, so this would be an easy way to rule that out.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Modem has been rebooted and HDMI Cables are tight. This only happens with the XFinity Stream app. No other streaming apps have this issue.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

@user_6c2536, thanks for all the troubleshooting you have done on your end thus far. My team would be more than happy to further look into this on our end. Please send us a private Direct Message to best assist you.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months later and issue still happening. Any idea when this will be fixed or when the next Stream App update will come out?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The Sound issues are getting worse and more often. Plus, constant buffering, video & sound not syncing (even though speed to Roku is 95+mbps. and no other apps have the same issues) even with Xfinity WIFI 5g. When the app was always in Beta it ran better. I'm giving 2 more weeks. Not corrected will be dropping Xfinity Stream/Cable and going to Streaming Companies

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

@user_bc7d4a I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues. Let's move to a private chat, so we can get the account pulled up and take a look. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. You can do this by signing in and clicking direct message, or using this link https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issues as stated above on BOTH of my accounts! With Roku stick and Xfinity app,

How can I get this fixed? Calling Xfinity and trying to get through has proven to be a huge challenge with the wait times. Is there any other way to help?

New Problem Solver

• 

169 Messages

Hi @user_6ee5ea, and thanks for letting us know you are having the same issue. We'd be happy to help! Can you please create a separate public post describing your concern? Once that is done, a team member will reach out via your post and help out from there. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having this problem like others so it appears to be a xfinity stream app issue since doesn’t happen on other apps. I also have to go out and come back to the station to fix the sound issue until it happens again. Also, besides the other noted sound issues the volume is not consistent at all. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Good morning, @user_328a1f, and thank you for bringing your concerns to our Community Forums page. I'm sorry to see that you've recently been experiencing some quality issues with the Xfinity Stream app. This is never the experience we want for any of our valued customers! 

If you are still experiencing these issues, please send us a Private Chat Message so we look into this further to find a resolution.

Here's the detailed steps to send a Private Chat Message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Private Chat Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I am also having the same audio issue with Roku and Xfinity Stream.  I've reset and reloaded Xfinity Stream, The problem in on multiple TVs with Roku and Xfinity Stream. The Roku adapters are using the  ethernet connection, not WiFi.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. I know how audio issues, can get frustrating. Is this happening on all programing for you? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I am having exactly the same issue.  Roku updated the Xfinity app from Beta to the Streaming App.  Ever since, the sound goes from very soft to extremely loud.  It isn't stable and if I boost the volume too much when it goes soft, it will blow out my speakers with the full sound suddenly returns.  All other streaming apps on the Roku (Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. all work fine.  The only problem is the Xfinity app?  Help

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_1ee206 Thank you for reaching out through our forum. If you are still having the same issue, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issues and tried all the same steps and still having problems. The beta version was fine. The new stream app is garbage. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes and still having the same problems. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for giving that a try and we are sorry it didn't resolve the issue. We'll need you to send us a Private Message with your full name and address so that we can continue looking into this for you. Here are some helpful instructions on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to speaking to you there.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having same issue with Xfinity app on Roku with sound crackling.  I go out and come back in the app and it’s fine for awhile. Then sound gets quiet and you turn it way up to be the same loudness. Then commercial is even louder or crackling starts. Then you have to go out and back in and turn volume back to normal level. Started after Update last month for Either Roku or app update.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here